1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

brake problem??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:23 PM
skitzobmxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brake problem??

the last couple of days its been snowy out and i noticed whenever i press really hard on the brakes and start to slide in the snow my brake peddle kicks back at me and it sounds like sumones banging on the floor underneath the drivers seat...that cant be normal any ideas? i had an ABS light on for a while but i took it to the local mechanic and he erased the code it hasnt come on since

Old 01-29-2007, 01:44 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: brake problem??

That sounds like the normal function of the ABS. It's the valves constantly modulating the brake pressure trying to keep your brakes from locking up.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, normal operation of the ABS.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Beginning Member
oshkosh is an unknown quantity at this point

LOl, I'm not the only one..
I think this truck has the WORST brakes on any vehicle I have ever owned...The Yellow lights up here are quick and you really have to anticipate the light or you will end up in the middle of the intersection sliding or notacross the painted lines......I went as far to pull the wheels and check the pads etc to make sure they where not cracked,glazed over etc...Nope, nothing wrong mechanicly...

Old 01-29-2007, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

That's old school ABS for ya! lol

It makes especially loud noises if it's on just the rear wheels.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My truck has no trouble braking even loaded down quite heavily... The type of pad installed has A LOT to do with how good the vehicle slows down.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 PM

o arite does ur guys bang alot,and make a lot of noise when u slide in snow?

Old 01-29-2007, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Mine doesn't...

Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Administrator

It depends on your definition of a bang?... Mine sounds like a spring being hit very rapidly when it happens.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:36 PM

mine sunds like a hammer bangin on my floorboards

Quick Reply: brake problem??