1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

gas tank size and miles/tank average

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Banned
wjdjake is on a distinguished road
Default gas tank size and miles/tank average

93 blazer 4wd... what size gas tank is in this trk? how many mile do u get from a tank on average... i dont wanna change the fuel pump just yet...

Old 07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Beginning Member
reddheadnla is on a distinguished road

I have a 93 4x4 and I believe that it is an 18 gallon tank. I was getting around 200 miles to a tank. That was with a leaky really bad fuel system. I replaced everything from the spider to the fuel pump and just got it running about 2 hours ago. It should do better now though. If you are going to change the fuel pump I highly recommend a delphi. It is a little more money than the airtek but it is so very much worth it. The airtek I had lasted about a month. Also be careful of the part # for the delphi. There are 2 of them. One of them is for a throttle body. You can put it in and it will run but you won't have any fuel pressure at all.If you need the # I can get it for you. I had to pull my tank 4 times already. Good luck.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

20 gallon technically, but I've never been able to put more than 18 in.

Of course, I've never run it dry, either...

When I first got it running, I could get almost 400 miles. Now I'm lucky to get 300, so I have some work to do again.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:33 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why some people worry about 'miles per tank'. The only figure that matters is 'miles per gallon'. What are you wanting to do, see how many miles you can go before you run out of gas? Take your average mpg and multiply it times your tank capacity - there's your 'miles per tank'. If you are off by a gallon or two in your tank size, big deal. You don't want to run that empty anyway.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned
wjdjake is on a distinguished road
Default thanks for the info

some of us wanna know the tank size because the fuel guage dont work right... some of us wanna know how many miles other owners get just for comparing... some of us can build anything and dont mind asking questions... some of us dont mind the sarcasim from know it all blow hards... but then again some of us do.. if administrator means u work for this web site, maybe some of us will look for answers elsewhere... there is no such thing as a stupid question and if i wanted to be talked at as if i were being silly for asking... forget this.... oh yea for all u guys and gals with squeeking back hatch, i use a paper napkin... just put it in the latch and squeek is gone... u may need to move it around every couple of months... works great.

i will check back.. but if rriddle works here and he has any other belittling remarks for the peeps who like good contacts and conversations.. it will be the last time for me... insulting peoples intelligence is not what i am looking for here.. just looking for some answers from people who should know from experiences.. later..

Old 07-17-2011, 02:06 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If answering a pointless question insulted your intelligence...well. If you want to know what kind of mpg others are getting, we already have a thread for that - Official MPG Poll. If you can "build anything", fixing a fuel gauge should not be difficult, but sticking a napkin in a tailgate to stop the squeaking would not be a recommended method to solve that particular problem.

Yes, being an Administrator means I help oversee the website just as it does for any website, but nobody here gets paid a penny to what they do. Sorry if I or anybody else here fails to meet your expectations, but if you feel that other forums can provide better help, then miss you already.

*THREAD CLOSED*