1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
bmxrr1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

ok so my blazer started yesterday and ran just fine now today it wont start and all it does is shoot gas fumes or gass back out the tb its a 91 s10 blazer i was spossed to take it on a test drive today to sell it but now at this rate i dont no if it will be possible can any one help the plug wires are new the plugs are ok i pulled 2 plugs on both sides the motor and there not wet so i dont got a clue whats going on with it any one got a clue please help
thanks
bob

Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Starting Member
pilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

How about a little more deliberate, coherent explanation? Sentences, punctuation and capitals are all your friends. Help us help you by providing some quality information in a readable fashion.

Is it trying to fire? Not trying ?

At a guess based on the minimal info you've provided, you aren't getting spark. You say it's shooting "gass" out the back so the plugs cannot be dry - they must be wet.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:46 PM

The plugs are getting replaced today because the hole entire drivers side of the motor the plugs were locked on the motor basically. We put 2 extensions on it and used a 2 foot breaker bar,and the only thing that happened was I busted one of my socket wrenchs. The only thing that got the plugs out was the air air gun it was insane how tight they were on there.Broke 2 of the plugs on the drivers side found out they were covered in carbon and gaped to 55, are'nt they supposed to be gaped to 45? well I will post the results thanks for the help

Old 03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Starting Member
pilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for a more clear explanation!

One obvious problem is that the plugs have never been out of that vehicle and are probably shot. If you can get an closed-end wrench on them, it may be more effective than a socket...but YMMV. One site online lists the gap as .035, but you can check that with your own $15 Chilton's manual - you DO have one, right??? But it appears to me that the plugs are extremely worn and should indeed be replaced.

Also consider that unless they've been handled properly, the plug wires may be suspect. However, that shouldn't keep it from starting unless they're really in terrible shape.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:47 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you found one problem, I would replace plug wires also just to remove that part as a continuing problem. Also your plug gap should be .035 since you are using an older version of electronic ignition that did not require a wider gap. Check on the radiator core support for a label that might tell you the plug gap, GM usually had them and most of their vehicles since the 70's so mechanics did not need to run and check for each different vehicles tune up specs...

I also see another problem if your buyer tries to test the 4x4 on the truck, you have different size tires on the front and rear, this will bind up the transfer case gears and will cause problems...

Old 03-31-2007, 02:58 AM

The plug wires were one of the first things that I replaced when I began having this problem. do to one of the plugs wires was so dry and cracked it had literlatly broken in half and was no longer one whole wire but 2 halfs of a wire. I did not think of the two different size tires causeing the bind but that is true I am glad that I have not used 4x4 since I've put the 31's on the back.Thank you for the advice I'am going out this week end and buying a complete set of plugs and monday when I get back in the shop I will change them all out.
Bobby

Old 03-31-2007, 03:01 AM

Yes I do have the manual my brother owned a blazer in the past and sold it when gas prices started to go up. The boxed end wrench was not going to happen in my wildest dreams I had to use an impact gun to get them off they were on there tight

Old 04-01-2007, 07:48 AM
john is an unknown quantity at this point

if it is popping back threw the tb it might be a sighn that one of the push rods have came off the cam lifter once you change your pluggs if you still have this prob i'd pull the valve covers and check push rods fpr tightness..

Old 04-02-2007, 12:34 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the cap and rotor too. no doubt they are in the same condition as the plugs and wires.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:15 PM

After replacing the plugs it fired right up the only problem is it wont idel for more then a minute with out dieing. It is quite weird because in the last 3 seconds that it runs i can hear the injector shooting but it sounds as if it was strainging to shoot it not very healthy sounding. Going to do a fuel pressure test tommorow my boss said I have the wrong fireing order I'll have to check it out tommorw

Quick Reply: HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD