Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/)
-   -   Oil dipstick tube emoval issues (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/oil-dipstick-tube-emoval-issues-63743/)

worley23 10-05-2011 04:14 AM

Oil dipstick tube emoval issues

My dip stick tube is broke off right under the manifold it is fairly rusted and can't get it to budge. I leaking oil everywhere, I havent found a forum on here for my problem yet. I am trying to replace it without dropping my oil pan. It's in a very tight spot right under my oil filter, even with filter off I Stijl can't get to it. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. And is it a press fit or just regular o ring fit. Thank you.

worley23 10-05-2011 10:39 PM

Dipstick

Yea I'll post em today

worley23 10-07-2011 07:56 PM

Dipstick stuck

There is no way to take a pic of it the oil filter mount is blocking where it goes into the block, I just talked to a blazer guy that's ASE certified and he told me they are all press fit and I have to pound it out from the underneath after I get the oil pan off, which that alone is hard as he'll because of the 4x4 axle won't let it drop all the way.. If there is any other way to get it out pls let me know.

worley23 10-09-2011 01:15 AM

Need advice on my 4x4 blazer...

Hello is anyone gonna help me out with this ****...... Ive helped a ton of people and can't even get one reply.. Pls let me know soon it's my only 4x4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toby Hanson 10-09-2011 11:17 PM

What motor is it? 4.3 or 2.8? If it's a 2.8 there might be enough room to get a pair of locking pliers on the tube below the manifold and twisting to get it out. If it's a 4.3 then it might be very difficult to get pliers on the tube.

worley23 10-10-2011 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson (Post 465757)
What motor is it? 4.3 or 2.8? If it's a 2.8 there might be enough room to get a pair of locking pliers on the tube below the manifold and twisting to get it out. If it's a 4.3 then it might be very difficult to get pliers on the tube.

1989 2.8l v6. Yeah ive already broke it off 3 times, I can still get to it through the fender well under the manifold one more time but prbly just brake again. After that ill prbly have to take the oil pan off. Thanks for the reply I'll try to get pics or a video up.

JustJerry 10-11-2011 01:44 PM

If you have not broke it off to close to the block, & the dip stick will go through it, you could find a piece of rubber hose the right size, slip over it a few inches, take part of another did stick tube, plus down in the hose, them clamp them.

Them you would need to be sure you have the right amount of oil in your engine, mark on the dip stick where the full mark should be.

I did that once years ago, it worked very well & never gave me no trouble, & it beats pulling & oil pan when its unnecessary & there is another method of doing it that will work very good.

Toby Hanson 10-11-2011 11:37 PM

If you put something in the remaining part of the dipstick tube that's just slightly smaller than the tube itself. That way the tube will be more rigid and less likely to flex while you're twisting it. That may help you get the tube out without breaking any more of it off.

Good luck!

worley23 10-12-2011 03:02 AM

That's sounds like a great idea, that's why I like haven this forum since I don't have very many people to bonus ideas off of. That sounds slot better than trying to get it out, for now until I have time to do it right, I just hope the seal isn't leaking where it goes into the block. Thanks alot.....

Thanks man I just recently thought of something similar since I only have 1 or 2 more chances, thanks for the great ideas guys..

JustJerry 10-12-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by worley23 (Post 466330)
That's sounds like a great idea, that's why I like haven this forum since I don't have very many people to bonus ideas off of. That sounds slot better than trying to get it out, for now until I have time to do it right, I just hope the seal isn't leaking where it goes into the block. Thanks alot.....

Thanks man I just recently thought of something similar since I only have 1 or 2 more chances, thanks for the great ideas guys..

If you do it as I suggested it would be a good idea to use some type of a brace for at the point where you place the rubber tube it will be flexible. You should be able to fashion a brace out of some type of this metal using clamps, & or you might be able to clamp it to something that is very close to the dip stick.

I'm sure there's many people that would frown on such a fix. Yet if you do a good job of this it will work quite well for a long time with you being able to keep a check on your oil level.