Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/)
-   -   Someone HELP me Please, fuel pump probelms. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-generation-s-series-1983-1994-tech-40/someone-help-me-please-fuel-pump-probelms-64362/)

dclover 10-25-2011 01:01 PM

Someone HELP me Please, fuel pump probelms.

I have a 93 Vortec 4.3Liter V-6. I've got power to the back conection for fuel pump for the 3 sec. after turning on the key. But Pump isn't working. Hell I even went to bringing a second hot wire from positive side of battery all the way back to the two wire (Purple, & Gray) conection at back of gas tank and made sure I had 12.4 volts and still nothing. I'm droping tank today to see if I have bad ground wire or broken wire some where. The thing is that one day it was working fine. the next I'm getting towed home. then the next day it started and ran for about 2 mins. and died. Then the next day turning on the key I could hear the fuel pump kick on for the three sec. and then it was like 1 sec. stop.then another sec. stop. like it was trying to run but wouldn't and now I'm getting nothing at all, but the test light is telling me I'm getting the three sec. of power to it everytime I turn the key on. So I know its getting power its just not spinning????? Pump? bad wire? bad ground wire? what?????
LOSING MY MIND AND OUT LOOKING FOR IT!!!! Dean. Rock Hill SC Thanks

Magmotor 10-25-2011 03:00 PM

I think you just answered your own question. Fuel pumps do that when they go tits up...work some then nadda.....be sure you replace with an AC Delco....or you'll be doing the same thing in 3 months.....:icon_playing:

bertrenolds 10-25-2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Magmotor (Post 469303)
I think you just answered your own question. Fuel pumps do that when they go tits up...work some then nadda.....be sure you replace with an AC Delco....or you'll be doing the same thing in 3 months.....:icon_playing:

The AC delco thing is BS, a fuel pump is a fuel pump. I guess they could have defects from the fatory but I don't buy into te ac delco thing. I got a $15 ebay fuel pump that's still kicking after 6 months. I'll let you know when it hits a year.

chris015 10-25-2011 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bertrenolds (Post 469340)
The AC delco thing is BS, a fuel pump is a fuel pump. I guess they could have defects from the fatory but I don't buy into te ac delco thing. I got a $15 ebay fuel pump that's still kicking after 6 months. I'll let you know when it hits a year.

yea no....Not true...care to search about aftermarket pumps...you will see 545425324425 threads on why ac delco or delphi is better,and why pumps like airtex,carter etc is a hit or miss. Im glad your pump has lasted 6 months. Maybe you got a winner? who knows.

just plain lucky 10-25-2011 10:35 PM

I did a delphi in mine and it is sweet!!!

Toby Hanson 10-26-2011 12:53 AM

I have an Airtex pump in my Blazer and it's working great.

I still have an AC Delco pump on the shelf just in case. I figure a little competition will keep the Airtex on its toes.

bertrenolds 10-27-2011 12:19 AM

With my POS blazer I could care less, Cheap ass pump and I can always drop the tank again. Really they are pedelling the same crap with a different label. Now when it comes to fuel pumps on turbo cars that is a different story. I will spend the extra money to get a walbro pump over the knock off. Our trucks have bigger promblems like the worst injection design ever? Pleaase spare me the insult, The AC delco pump is the exact same POS pump made in china with a different lable. WAs it assembled in the US, I mean was it put in a box in US made in china?

just plain lucky 10-27-2011 12:23 AM

were not angry are we ???

xgiovannix12 10-27-2011 01:21 PM

i wouldn't go with any after market pump ever again

Mine lasted 8 months then died

hope yours lasts for a while
we just suggest using delco or delphi products since aftermarkets will fail in 3 to 8 month period
we arent saying buy delco or delphi thats your choice its just a suggestion

chris015 10-27-2011 01:37 PM

exactly^^ we are not "insulting" you,we are posting info based on the countless hours spending time on here helping people who purchased aftermarket pumps which failed early. plus we learned personally from our own mistakes.