1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

what could it be

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 AM
just plain lucky is on a distinguished road
Default what could it be

Ok guys and gals I am back to all my friends Peace !

Did major work to mine, Now it doesn't seem to slip into passing gear when I want it to or even in traffic which can really be embarrassing, before all the work it ran real good now doesn't seem like I am getting as much power the gas petal just like doesn't work right. I do have a lead foot and I guess that is why I love my truck so much 93 gmc jimmy 4.3 vortec cpi w seems like a coolant problem Happens mostly going up hills on flat land it hauls **** I am use to going like 75 plus up hills normally now its gone how wierd is that any ideas Help... I want my power back...

Old 10-21-2011, 04:26 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I would make sure that the kick down cable at the TBI is connected and working properly.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Ok Im on it....

Old 10-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

MY 92 S-10 4.3 Votect was not getting full power, finally disconnected the cruise control throttle cable, them I had full power. For some reason it would not let the throttle open 100%, only about 85-90%.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mr.vls
I would make sure that the kick down cable at the TBI is connected and working properly.
he has cpi,not tbi.

lucky,do you have a 700r4 or 4l60? if not sure,look at your transmission on driver side. the wires that run to it and plug in.is the plug round or square? (round is 4l60)

Old 10-21-2011, 06:50 PM

Thanks chris I will get back to you shortly, Lucky

Old 10-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Ok heads up it was the petal cable linkage I adjusted it and now its screaming with more power than I ever had woah what a trip Chris all that work I did paid off... It is still spiting anitfreaze a little may need rod out or replace radiator and for my other friend out there I am thinking eldelbrock on the headers I want to put in...

Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 PM

also chris it has a round plug into the tranny

Old 10-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past

Interesting that you adjusted the cable a little and it gets more power. I think I'm gonna make sure my TB plate opens up all the way when my pedal is to the floor. Where did you adjust the linkage at? in the truck or in the engine bay? My truck is such a ***** for a v6 driving up vail pass, it seriously feels like it has no power. I always have blamed it on the spider injector being a POS and the regulator always failing but could it be something so stupid? I can max my RPM's to the red so maybe it's not my problem but I think I will have a look. I was going to replace all my vaccum lines and was maybe thinking I had a little exhaust leak right after the cat so I replaced that stuff to but maybe this will help me a little.

Last edited by bertrenolds; 10-25-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

A Vortec should have enough power to pull a mountain pass with no problems unless you're towing 5000lbs. I can pull Snoqualmie ***** out with no problems. I can take Lookout Pass on the Montana-Idaho border similarly with no problems. Your truck should be able to handle Vail Pass.

Quick Reply: what could it be