2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

01 blazer wipers stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:59 AM
jstutzman is on a distinguished road
Default 01 blazer wipers stopped working

i checked the fuse. When i unplug the 5 pt harness under the hood, the wiper motor jumps a little then agian dies. I have done a search and read thru a couple of posts and many think it is a resoldering issue with a control board. I do this stuff for a living so it is not an issue. Someone mentioned a wiper fix thread in the diy section that explains where the board breaks or needs fixed. I cant find it. Could someone fill me in on where the card is, what needs fixed or where the thread is that has that info. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fix for cold solders in the Wiper Motor

That should help. Check some of the link out in my signature for more helpful DIY threads.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:42 PM

well i thought i found the problem. It looked like it was a cold solder joint, but that did not fix the problem. What are the voltages on the pins connecting to the card, so i can make sure they are correct.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to have someone back probe the wiring at the motor to get the respective voltages. I found wiring diagrams from two different sources which show resistors in the system, but do not state the resistance value.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:07 PM

is it common for these modulator cards to go bad. Should i just replace it and do the motor next. Are the motors common to go out? I really need to get it fixed pretty quick.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Administrator

The solder joints are the main thing that happens...

Can you help the wipers to get them going?

Old 12-19-2009, 03:20 PM

no, they are completly dead. when i pull on them, nothing happens

I have a problem in my other truck where they stick a little or stop and i can go out and tug on the wipers a little and they will start right up. With this one they are dead and nothing will get them working. One time when i plugged the harness into the pulse board the motor jumped about two inches and stopped

Old 12-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Sounds like the motor doesn't think it is back in its park position...

I would try removing the motor assembly and see it if works without it being hooked up to the rest of the wiper drive system

Old 12-19-2009, 03:27 PM

okay, ill give that a try. Any good writeups on how to pull that out?