2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

02 Power mirrors on a 97 wiring help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
liquidpaper007 is on a distinguished road

I have a 97 Blazer that has the 4pin connector but bought a mirror with a 6pin connector and 5 wires.

I figured out how the mirror works and connected it this way

6pin -------------> 4pin
Blue -------------> Light Yellow
Light Green ------> White
White -----------> Light Green or Light Blue
2 Black ----------> No connection

With this setup I am able to move my mirror up and down, and left and right, but the right and left buttons are inverted.

I have found the Light Yellow and Light Green wires are both ground on the 4pin connector. So either one should be fine.

The black wires are probably the heater wires, and I did not use them since I do not have this connection in my blazer.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, im starting to think that the switch is different too. may be why our left & right
directions are all screwed up. im thinking about trying to switch the wires around on the switch connector, but prob wont get anywhere.

i might try hooking the heated part up to the rear defrost button in the future, if so ill post up how to do it.

Last edited by jsmz; 08-29-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are so awesome. I just bought a pair of like-new condition 2000 mirrors at a junkyard -- for my '96 -- and came across the same problem. Thank you so much for the information, especially to Kyle and liquidpaper007.

HOWEVER...After taking a closer look, I noticed that my '96 wires are different even than the '97's. I have a light green, a dark green, a blue, and a white wire. Also, the 2000 wiring (from the donor vehicle) is different from the '99's! Did GM change the wiring colors every year?!?

Since I didn't want to drive around any longer without a passenger side mirror, I just went ahead and bolted both mirrors on. I also pulled the wiring in so that all I have to do is pop off the window switch panel when I'm ready to cut and splice. I need to do some more figuring out before I cut anything. Anybody else have experience with this?

Last edited by Psychropod; 09-27-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Hit a bump after the previous post.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Beginning Member
carpboy is on a distinguished road
Default 98 too

bumping I am also in the 98 boat, I am trying to diagnose non-working mirrors. Using the 2000 diagram, I have no voltage across the G and B terminals. Had to guess which was the G wire, A-E are stamped on the connector. Door locks work. Really, a good reference to 98 full chassis schematics would be nice. The ones on Autozone are incomplete.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow - another reply after a year!

I sold my Blazer in April, and I never figured it out. The time it would take just wasn't worth it to me. The result was that I just lost the power capability and had manual mirrors instead. It was still worth it, because the newer style mirrors are designed better and look better. Besides, I only had to readjust them after my wife drove the truck, which wasn't often anyway.

Speaking of mirrors, I'm also thinking about upgrading my Silverado's mirrors to the bigger style used for trailering. Hopefully I won't run into the same issue!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Beginning Member

I need to get these working. I appear to have no control power to the switch. There is power from the interior lights. For some reason I cannot locate an online schematic that is complete, for this year.

I also have lost right rear speaker (speaker is ok) and could use a schematic for that - or is it a continuous run from radio to speaker w/ no connectors? The wiring info I've seen online is wrong - they all say RR is bl/gr and mine are y/br.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What is missing from the schematic posted above?

And lets stick to the topic at hand here.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Beginning Member

I was trying to follow to the alternator to the switch and the schematic here has some blocks referencing other diagrams and that was what I was looking for.

Things have resolved, I measured for power again and this time I have it. I guess I didn't have the leads made well enough the first time. Pulling the switch apart and burnishing all the contacts I guess did the trick as the mirrors work now.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:51 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

You should post up some before and after pics in your album. You've piqued my interest

Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Starting Member
MrBlaze1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Mirror Swap

So did it work out? I have a 97 and mirrors I'm trying to use are off a 2000, Help???

Quick Reply: 02 Power mirrors on a 97 wiring help?