2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

03 Blazer WON't START!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Ductapeguy is on a distinguished road

Lol i know i was confused my self, I went out took the codes down, i got p0155 an p0300.. i'm gonna get an o2 sensor for my truck tomorrow. but.. i'm thinkin as it's so close to the cat, maybe my cat is clogged. but that's just a guess. i'm gonna read up on it tonight an see what i can figure out.. The Engine coolant smells like POWERBAIT. Lol is that normal? it has a really gross rusty look. still cant figure out the smoke from the cyl 6.. after thinkin about it, the truck sat for 2 years so i'll jack it up and check if it's the brakes stickkin. i've never had this many problems with a vehicle in my lifee..

Old 04-14-2012, 01:52 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

best way to see if the cats clogged is by removing the 02 sensor by the cat

she should run way better if its clogged . also shes gonna be loud but thats till you put the sensor back

Id also do a decent tuneup cap rotor wire plugs ... Make sure you go with ac delco ..
you can also use ngk plugs if you want

Old 04-14-2012, 02:15 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Burning rubber smell #6, B2S1 heater malfunction........ hmmmmmmm Look close at your exhaust and wiring next to it.

And btw... you know how often head gasket fail comes up here? Not real often

Old 04-14-2012, 02:17 AM

New Cap, Rotor, Iac Valve, Map Sensor, Fuel Filter, And i took the Throttle body off an cleaned it with tbi cleaner, All new plugs except cylinder 3.. I Didn't think to change the plug wires tho... i cant stop finding problems with this truckk! im enjoying it tho. oddly enough. now i noticed my oil Pressure gauge is shooting way up when i press the gas then it goes right down when i take my foot off the peddle... hmm p0300 is scaring me so far i've read up on nothing good about it, Btw i'm very new to the obd2 scan tool, i've never really cared much about a check engine light until i bought the tool.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:45 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ductapeguy
New Cap, Rotor, Iac Valve, Map Sensor, Fuel Filter, And i took the Throttle body off an cleaned it with tbi cleaner, All new plugs except cylinder 3.. I Didn't think to change the plug wires tho... i cant stop finding problems with this truckk! im enjoying it tho. oddly enough. now i noticed my oil Pressure gauge is shooting way up when i press the gas then it goes right down when i take my foot off the peddle... hmm p0300 is scaring me so far i've read up on nothing good about it, Btw i'm very new to the obd2 scan tool, i've never really cared much about a check engine light until i bought the tool.
Glad you're enjoying it.. besides which you got a freaking steal on the truck once you get it sorted out.
But maybe I'm in the wrong thread.
Here's how you fix things... ONE AT A TIME. Guess I'll just lurk on the thread and see what happens.
HEre's a hint Oil pressure relates to rpm because the engine drives it. And 'way up' and 'back down' is not a measurement.
It might be confusing because you might have had Fords and in the 90's the oil gauge on Fords was nothing but an indicator.. driven by a switch... on or off.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:59 AM

Yeah. i know i'm just sayin it's not something i was to concerned about. So i just didn't look at the gauge properly. i havent slept in 2 days... i think it's about time i sleep. but no! i'll miss the parts store and have to wait til monday! lol im in the middle of flushing my coolant right now. about to go shut the truck off i think it's ran long enuff with water

Old 04-14-2012, 10:12 AM
spittybays

Go to sleep, ER visit's suck!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 PM
ChevyBurton is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got my 2000 s10 blazer, I had problems with it and the first thing was the Spider(fuel injection unit). Also when you do that make sure you put new on new valve cover gaskets, lower and upper intake manifold gaskets. Then after that the I started having problems like that and I put a new fuel pump in and after that never had a problem with anything.

and as time went on I updated everything, rotor/distributor cap, new plus/lines, radiator, water pump and alternator. Ran like brand new except the front end suspension. That is the weak spot. So I ended up getting a straight axle swap kit with a straight axle. But I never got a chance to do the swap. I sold the blazer before I had time todo it. So now I have a swap kit sitting in my garage with the front axle for it. It gives it at least 6'' lift. If anyone wants in on it, let me know cause I have to get rid of it.

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-14-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond and wait for a response. Rules are rules.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 PM

well today i drove it all dayy, Went fishin Hooked a 25nch salmon, just a baby and 2 19 inch browns, i kept the browns. anyways the truck is runnin great i cleared the codes before i left, after i changed the plug i couldnt get at. no more misfire codes! YAY! Soo i did get p0155 back so monday morning i gotta replace that o2 sensor, Also im getting some water out of my tail pipe, nott suree why thats happening, the smoke is pretty clear it's not white smokee soo id say im good. My emissions is REd, It was green the other day.. im thinkin maybe the o2 sensor is throwing that off? that smoke at cyl 6 is not as bad as it was before but it is definitely stiill there.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

dude im seeing light at the end of ur struggle tunnel ... remember one thing at a time.. and when all else fails..... go fishing

Quick Reply: 03 Blazer WON't START!