2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 Blazer Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Beginning Member
lbowlingl19 is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 Blazer Wont Start

I have a 95 Blazer 4.3 vin W that i have been having problems getting it to start for a while now. It is now getting and holding 60psi of fuel. I just replaced a new sending unit and pump. Replaced fuel pressure regulator, tps, control module, cap, wires, plugs, tested the crank shaft position sensor, plus had a backup one that i switched and still no difference. the two fuel lines that are in the plenum were also replaced. It used to try and start with either but now it wont even try with that. Checked all the fuses and relays and no problems there. It gets spark to all plugs, i removed the plenum and check each of the poppets and gas will shoot out each one. There was no codes last time i checked. Any info would be great, i would like to get this out of my garage and on the road. Thanks

Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Starting Member
Frog is on a distinguished road

Did it stop trying to start after you changed out the wires and plugs??

Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member

No, it still tried to start after i changed them. This has been going on for over a year now.It first started being hard to start about two years ago, then the shift solenoids went out, replaced them and drove it around for a few days and it started dying like it was out of gas. So i replaced the fuel pump and sending unit and it would run so long as i sprayed a little either in the morning (then it would start up by itself the rest of the day sometimes even the next day) then it got to the point it wouldnt stay running and losing fuel pressure, come to find out when the pump was installed no one removed that old diaphram and it was losing pressure. Then it was a hit and mis situation sometimes it would take a lot of either to keep it running or it would just not run at all and now it is to the point it wont do anything. It is also a 4x4 i didnt mention that. if it makes a difference.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Starting Member

Have you been able to verify the timing?? It almost sounds like the timing was off and continued to get worse....possible stretched timing chain??

I too have a 95 (W) engine blazer...I will help as much as I can.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Beginning Member

Well i started working on it again earlier and took the plenium off and check to make sure there was no pooling of gas sitting inside. I hooked up the noid light to the injector and it was not pulsating. I wiggled the connector and it started to pulsate. I put everything back together (which only takes about 5 minutes now) and when i crank the motor over it tried to start but when it turns it turns slow and sounds like the battery as dead, but it is not. If i unplug the injector it cranks over just fine its is when it gets gas that it turns slow. As far as the timing my father in law changed the chain and gears about three years ago before i got it off my brother in law but we did have the distributor out and i had to put it back in time by using the oil primer rod and making sure the number one piston was at tdc.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Beginning Member

UPDATE!!!! It is finally running. Dummy me was putting it out of time. After Frog had question the timing i went back and pulled off the distributor cap and looked and the cap itself isnt like the older chevy's where you line the rotor button up with the number one plug wire when on tdc. The cap has a vain like on the top that travels from the number spot over to the number two spot. I removed the distributor and turn the oil pump and lined everything up and it fired right up and runs like a champ. I want to thank everyone for their imput and for taking time to read my post and hopefully if anyone else has or ever will have a similar problem this thread will help them out. THANKS EVERYONE

Old 05-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Starting Member

Awesome...glad you were able to find the problem.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Beginning Member
SlickBlazer is on a distinguished road

glad to hear you got it running