2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Blazer ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Starting Member
sky_blazer is on a distinguished road

UPDATE: the grinding issue i was experiencing was the new sensor making contact with the reluctor ring inside the hub. i backed the bolt out and the grinding went away but now ABS light went back on when im moving. i looked and it seems the passenger side has a shim in it while driver side does not. do i need this shim? i would like to avoid buying a new hub just to solve an abs sensor issue, but i suppose if i need it i need it. is there anything i can use as a shim or set the air gap?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The first sentence in post #7 explains. The sensor contacted the tone ring and most likely destroyed it. The shims are selected and installed when the hub is manufactured, each one is different.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Beginning Member
Chip is on a distinguished road

I took mine in to get the ABS fault codes read and found that the problem was in the left wheel sensor. Before I took it in I sprayed de-greaser between the back of the brake rotor and the dust covers on both sides hoping that the sensor(s) were just dirty. As it turned out, after the fault code was cleared the warning light in the dash went out and has not returned. (yet) Time will tell if I am that lucky...I also found out that on my 95 the sensor is mounted in the dust cover and not in the hub.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:26 PM
bigred01 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't worry about it I unplugged my hub sensors because abs is garbage, the pedal feels more natural without it.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Starting Member

i feel everything should work as it was made to. while some say abs is garbage, others say it saves lives, as far as i go i am neutral on the whole matter. i just want everything to work as it should. besides if i sell the truck the next owner may want working abs.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Starting Member

UPDATE: i just broke down and removed both hubs and gonna replace them and call it done upon further investigation i think the passenger side was bad anyway which could have been the root cause of my light, now im stuck with these stupid sensors though. Carquest sucks, they wont return them cause they were on the vehicle even 10 minutes or 10 yrs it doesn't matter. thats what i like about Autozone, they would have taken them back and i would have 120 in my pocket and have new hubs ordered. damn you Carquest. on that note anybody looking for an ABS sensor? one good one made contact with reluctor ring but not long, probably still work

Last edited by sky_blazer; 08-30-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Starting Member

UPDATE: 2 new hubs with sensors ordered and on the way, keeping fingers crossed this fixes the problem. i have spent way more then i budgeted for the truck in first place. if it does not fix it im either gonna pull bulb in the dash or take it in to get scanned

Old 08-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Starting Member

new hubs installed, took for a ride and have not seen light. seems my problem is solved "fingers crossed"

Old 08-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

As mentioned earlier, ABS does a self test on each start up: no light, no problems. Good job, glad you got her fixed.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
As mentioned earlier, ABS does a self test on each start up: no light, no problems. Good job, glad you got her fixed.
thanks, could not have done it without your help.

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer ABS light