2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2003 Blazer Moog LCA #CK620300 from Rock Auto- Caution

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:56 PM
porkfriedrice is on a distinguished road
Default 2003 Blazer Moog LCA #CK620300 from Rock Auto- Caution

If anyone is planning on ordering a LCA from Rock Auto:

The bracket that the sway bar link connects to on the lower control arm on my 03 Blazer is broken. (Is this a common problem? Had the same issue with my 00 Jimmy.) I ordered Moog part number CK620300 from Rock Auto, which according to them would fit my truck. (03 Blazer 4WD) I spent part of last night and all afternoon today tearing out the old LCA, and when I compared the old part to the new Moog, they were different. The sway bar link bracket is in a different spot. The existing LCA has the bracket pretty much in line with where the shock absorber mounts to it, while the Moog part has the bracket slightly offset. The Moog LCA actually looks exactly like the one on my old 2000 Jimmy. I tried to install it, but there was no way that the sway bar would be lined up properly with the bracket on the control arm.

I did a lot of research and found that some auto parts websites list CK620300 as only fitting Blazers/Jimmys up to 2000, while others, (including Rock Auto) say that it fits on trucks up to 2005. I tried looking up the correct part number on Moog's website, but no control arms are listed when you search for parts for a 2003 Blazer. Also searching for that specific part number on Moog's site brings it up, but the "fitment" box that lists the part application is blank.

I called Rock Auto and they said I would have to wait until Monday so they can talk to Moog to find out what the deal is. I don't think I should have to pay return shipping since this isn't my fault.

Anyway, I put the old LCA back in, now I'm driving around with one end of the sway bar unattached. Only temporary until I can get the right one. This won't hurt anything too much will it? I assume the alignment will be off slightly, but there's really no difference then it was before since it was broken anyway. I'm not even sure now what part does fit. I really wanted to go with Moog versus Dorman since the ball joint on the Moog was bolted on and had a grease fitting, while the Dorman I got for my old Jimmy had the ball joint riveted with no grease ftting.

Here's some pictures to show what I'm talking about. Red circles are highlighting the Moog LCA, green circles the LCA that was/is on the truck now. Sorry for the crappy quality. If you look closely at the circles you can see that the sway bar brackets are in different places:

Attached Thumbnails 2003 Blazer Moog LCA #CK620300 from Rock Auto- Caution-cegopysl.jpg   2003 Blazer Moog LCA #CK620300 from Rock Auto- Caution-4dnyubql.jpg  
Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

from my exp rockauto will stand by there sale and make good by you.
i ordered a set of fuel tank straps that didnt fit my mustang...even though their sitie said it would...they helped me find the right part and sent it to me no charge...and i kept the old set as well.

i will continue to be a loyal customer.

edit....i had to correct myself...my bad.

Last edited by warthogdriver; 05-04-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:27 PM

Yeah I'll still order parts from the Rock, I've got about ten magnets on my fridge that I have to add to. If they make good on this, that is.

I could have sworn I saw a post by Captain Hook that said the sway bars have an effect on alignment, could be wrong though.

After I initially posted here, I did more research and it looks like the correct Dorman part is 521-795. Can't find any other brand. Sucks I have to get the ball joint with rivets and no grease fitting. Oh well, beats having a broken control arm.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

me vs capt hook....i would go with capt hook.
he is far more knowledgeable then myself.

i double checked....i stand corrected...it messes with toe.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
me vs capt hook....i would go with capt hook.
he is far more knowledgeable then myself.

i double checked....i stand corrected...it messes with toe.

Once I get the right part I'll have to get it aligned anyway, hopefully my tires don't take too much of a beating in the meantime.

Which reminds me, is ride height something that is a standard check when doing alignments? I don't remember it being mentioned on the "printouts" that I've gotten after past alignments. After putting everything back together today there's a difference in height left vs right by about half an inch. Don't know if that will mess anything up too badly. Those torsion bars are a pain in the a**.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

As far as I know, checking ride height as part of an alignment varies by shop. A friend of mine worked at a local quick oil change place that also did alignments and other front-end work. That shop only did toe adjustments; no camber, caster, ride height, or anything else. The shop that I always take my trucks to checks everything. I specifically talked with the steering and suspension guy about what I wanted after I rebuilt the front of my '98 Jimmy and he assured me that they check ride height, especially when they align a vehicle with torsion bars.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:43 AM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

acording to the moog website that is the correct control arm for your blazer

Federal-Mogul Resource Center - Part Details

Old 05-05-2013, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by coolasice
acording to the moog website that is the correct control arm for your blazer

Federal-Mogul Resource Center - Part Details

Look at the pics, they're different. And trust me I tried to get it to fit (did not want to have to do this job again), there was no way that the sway bar was going to attach to that bracket on the control arm with out major bending/distortion of the sway bar links.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Starting Member
Died4Me is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by porkfriedrice
If anyone is planning on ordering a LCA from Rock Auto:

I ordered Moog part number CK620300 from Rock Auto, which according to them would fit my truck. (03 Blazer 4WD) I spent part of last night and all afternoon today tearing out the old LCA, and when I compared the old part to the new Moog, they were different. The sway bar link bracket is in a different spot. The existing LCA has the bracket pretty much in line with where the shock absorber mounts to it, while the Moog part has the bracket slightly offset.

I am running into the same issue but on a 2001 S10 4wd. I actually bought the RK620300 part number and was going to order the CK version until I came across this thread. I figured the RK was the difference on the sway bar mount, but as it looks from what you are saying...neither will work (as I already know the RK has the same issue).
Do you know if the Dorman part is the only one that will work?
Thanks.

Last edited by Died4Me; 07-22-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:41 PM

Yeah, I ended up getting the Dorman, as that was the only one I could find that would fit my 03 Blazer. Since you have a 01 S10 I'm not sure of the differences, but yeah Dorman was the only brand I could find. Sucks since the Dorman LCA ball joint is riveted rather than bolted like the Moog, was hoping to make it easier on myself if I ever had to replace that ball joint, oh well.