2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 blazer start problems

Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
crey 95 Blazre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 blazer start problems

Hi every one, been online for 2 weeks trying to find right site, think I found it here, read some of the posts and replys and am very impressed, hope some one had my problem before as G.M dealer is stumped. I have a 1995 Blazer, 4.3 vortec, w/ series with the EDI distributor, 2 years now I get interrmittent start problems, cranks over, has good spark at plugs and good fuel pressure at shrader valve, but wont fire, i would dissconnect pos. at batt. 2 minutes rehook, start right up, run great long time. Now when cold start engine fires, runs about 5 seconds, stalls,recrank, no go, wait 2-5 minutes(no dissconnect batt.) starts right up, still cold though, runs fine, multiple good starts when warm, only code coming up is p1351, ig. voltage high, dont make sense to me, checked coil all good to specs.erase code restart multiple times code not back untill it does it again.Replaced coil, wires cap, rotor, fuelpump, filter.No gas smell , so dont think leaky cmfi sys.plus, if that, would gas not get in crankcase? oilclean.Got my own obd2 scanner, has freeze frame data of engine conditions at time of code, dont understand it all yet, maybe you know, says fuel sys. 1 o/l, sounds good right, then reads fuel sys.2 c/l fault, sounds bad 2 me, but what is fuel sys.2? C/l i think means closed loop, but fuel sys.2 , whats that? If coil not bad, what else could be ig. voltage high, high better then low, no? Sorry for long post 1st time out but I hope someone can help, really appreciate it.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 95 blazer start problems

That's a tough one if it's intermittent.
It sounds like an ignition control module to me, but I'd check all the electrical connections.
If you're scanner has freeze frame, this is what you should be looking for.

The voltage on the ignition control circuit exceeds 4.9volts, and the engine speed is less than 250RPM.
Check for the following conditions:
Poor connection
Damaged harness: Inspect the VCM harness connectors for the following conditions:
Backed out terminal C3 pin 9
Improper mating
Broken locks
Improperly formed or damaged terminals
A poor terminal to wire connection andDamage to the harness.

Intermittent test - If the connections and the harness check OK, monitor a digital voltmeter connected between VCM connector C3 pin 9 and C4 pin 18 while moving related connectors and wiring harness. If the failure is induced, the voltage reading will change. This may help to isolate the location of the malfunction

Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 PM

thnx 4 repying to my post, ill check into what u suggest, though it sounds greek 2 me. Was told ig. moduale either works or dont, no middle ground, gotta say again, this a great site, lots of info, read postings 2 hours last nite, got many more leads to check now,still, any idea what fuel sys. 2 c/l fault is?

Old 01-05-2008, 03:14 PM

ok, got real ambitious today and pulled tuning valve, shone flashlight inside plenum and was dissappointed to see shiny intake passenger side, guess that settles my intermittent starting problems. N ow is this repairible or replacement? 1995 blazer 4wd. 4.3 vortec w/ series, edi dist.napa, lordco say whole unit, 700.00 plus dollars, not really in budget, not including nut kit ive seen mentioned, another 150.00 there. Im in B.C Canada dont have same access it seems as u guys, any options, still starts and runs, is it gonna up and leave me hanging?

Old 01-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No way should it cost that much! I would contact Lindertech.com and see if they ship to Canada. They have a kit ($300) that will include everything you need. If it is just the FPR, you can get the nut kit and the redesigned FPR much more economically (~$150) than you can get the whole kit, but you'll still need a gasket if you go that route.