2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

3 questions.. PCM, Rims and Led interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Starting Member
98Ltblazer is on a distinguished road
Default 3 questions.. PCM, Rims and Led interior

so I'm buying my PCM tune this week but before I buy it I have a couple quick questions about it that haven't been answered and I've done the search to find an answer but haven't.

once I recieve my new core can I just plug it in andturn my car on and drive? or will I have to buy something? I'm excited to get it I'm doing a 93 octane setup.

and has anyone replaced there interior lights at all? I was on V-LEDs.com and 198 168 are the codes but the bulbs from there site don't look like they would fit in my blazer maybe I'm wrong?

and while I have the thread open I have one final question, I wanna change the rims on my lt I wanna keep it stock how big can I go on rims?
I'd actually prefer to stay small like 18s

Old 05-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I know I have answered this first one before. You will have to do a security relearn if you do not have your current PCM tuned. In that case, you may also have to have a CASE relearn (aka Crankshaft variation learn procedure) done to precisely sync the PCM to the operating characteristics of your CKP/CMP sensors. Both of these are not necessary if you send in your current PCM to be tuned.

Quite a few have done this in the past.

You can go as big as you want provided the tires stay under 30" OD. 18's would be easy. For further information, check out the tires & wheels section.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Starting Member

I kno u answered the PCM question but I didn't quite understand it I have. no idea about a security crank shaft , I am giving them my ecu so when I get it back I should b able to plug it up and go but when they give me the ecu to hold me off until I get my mine back will It work?

I kno I've asked this before but I've never messed with an ecu before, I'm just worried that after I buy it and the send me a replacement ecu to hold me off It won't work or my engine won't start or something

Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you use any other PCM, you will have to do the security relearn. The donor PCM will come with the appropriate instructions.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Starting Member

u really do know EVERYTHING.

i was just nervous about the pcm because i only have 1 vehicle so if the donor pcm doesnt work im screwed and with my schedule petty much if i cant do it myself than i cant do it but if the donor has instructions about the security relearn than i should b able to operate and do everything my self until my pcm is finished

Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 98Ltblazer
u really do know EVERYTHING.
Hardly...
Originally Posted by 98Ltblazer
i was just nervous about the pcm because i only have 1 vehicle so if the donor pcm doesnt work im screwed and with my schedule petty much if i cant do it myself than i cant do it but if the donor has instructions about the security relearn than i should b able to operate and do everything my self until my pcm is finished
If the security relearn does not work on the donor PCM (which it should), you should call the company you are dealing with right away. Do not send your stock PCM back in until you have a running vehicle on the donor.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Starting Member

thank u very much im ordering it in a couple of days and im going to to a timed run before and after to show u guys the timed diifference since i havent seen any other timed runs on here.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Starting Member

kyle what do u think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jimmy...item483a03b232

No? not worth the money better off buying a new one?

Old 05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Find a programmer that you are comfortable with (there have been a few threads on here discussing some of them) and just get their donor. Typically you pay a core charge that you get back once they receive their donor back. They'll send out the donor, you send in your PCM, they tune it and return it, and then you send back in their donor.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Starting Member

im just gonna buy one from pcm im tired of looking at ecus when i know nothing about them im best off just spending the extra 75 bucks but itll b worth it because itll b my own personal

Quick Reply: 3 questions.. PCM, Rims and Led interior