2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

4wd Hub/Bearing Assembly Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 AM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4wd Hub/Bearing Assembly Replacement

Alright, I gotta do the passenger front hub/wheel bearing. It's annoying the heck outta me with the vibration and sound. I know they run around 200 and down for a good one. I was just curious if anyone in the Vancouver, BC area that knows what they are doingcould help me install it. I just wanna save some money, cause a mechanic will charge out the ***. I will give yousome cash, or a case of beer - whichever you may prefer. I read the how to on this in the do it yourself.. but honestly have no clue how to do this.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:45 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 4wd Hub/Bearing Assembly Replacement

It's always easier to help when you post some vehicle info so we know what we're looking at.

You can pm me with your name and phone #...

Old 01-11-2007, 03:58 AM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry guys, my mistake.

2000 Chevy Blazer LS 2 DR 4WD
127,000KM

PM Sent.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:40 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

The hardest part of this job for someone like you is getting past the fear. The only tool you will have to really buy is a 36mm deep socket for the axle nut. I have had the honor of helping out on my lower ball joints and I am slightly disabled with heart and lung problems, this is the only reason it took me 4hrs to get that done but i did domost of the work of taking and reinstalling these parts. I am going to have to break down soon and replace the hub bearing like you soon. So don't be afraid and you will feel a sense of getting something done when you tackle it...

Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You're a bit too far from me... That is unless you wanted to take a trip cross-country! LOL

But yeah, the hubs aren't all that bad to change. Hardest part is getting over the initial fear of the job.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:54 PM
JustBlaze! is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to take the hub bearings out when I did my ball joints and they weren't that bad to take out and put back in. I personally thought that the price of the bearings caused me a lot more pain than the actual install. I agree with 20Blazer00 and swartlkk, don't be affraid of taking on the job. Just take your time and take pictures of the tear down to help you with putting it all back together... plus you get the added bonus of being able to post it up here

Old 01-13-2007, 02:36 AM
skorned is an unknown quantity at this point

When in doubt, check out this guide..

https://blazerforum.com/m_54421/tm.htm

I'm kinda thinking this guide would make a good sticky....what do you think mods?

Old 01-13-2007, 09:42 AM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

When I did mine (my truck had been sitting without being driven for quite some time). We had to get the wheel bearing off with a puller.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: skorned

When in doubt, check out this guide..

https://blazerforum.com/m_54421/tm.htm

I'm kinda thinking this guide would make a good sticky....what do you think mods?
It's already in the DIY section... 4wd Hub/Bearing Assembly Replacement

Old 01-14-2007, 02:37 AM
skorned is an unknown quantity at this point

[sm=oopssign.gif] sorry...missed that sticky...

Quick Reply: 4wd Hub/Bearing Assembly Replacement