2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 engine swap..2wd to 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
toyota83 is on a distinguished road

hey, i have a 95 4x4 blazer with no engine and just bought a 95 2wd donor pickup.

if i take the motor from the 2wd and put it in the 4x4, do i need to swap over the oil pan?

what will i run into with exhaust?

im not sure if the "new" engine is top or side wires

i know the old one is side.

if theyre different, do i have to swap distributors??

i dont have the ecu from the donor truck.

any other sensors to worry about?? I plan on starting this swap tomorrow

im sure this has all been answered before, i searched, but i think these are all pretty simple questions for you blazer guys.

thanks

*Combining Double Posts*

i have a 95 4x blazer im trying to put an engine in. donor truck is also a 95, but its 2wd. its an ss.

does ss have more hp or just different stickers?

the donor is vertical dist, blazer was horizontal. what do i have to swap?

i was told i have to swap the intake manifold, distributor, and timing cover.

and since its a 2wd engine going in to a 4x4 truck, i assume the oil pan needs swappin too?

any exhaust issues to worry about??

*Combining Double Posts*

i posted a day ago and noone responded.

someone wanna give me an answer here??

thanks....

noone seems to want to help me here... anyone know what theyre doing??

i have a 95 4x blazer im trying to put an engine in. donor truck is also a 95, but its 2wd. its an ss.

does ss have more hp or just different stickers?

the donor is vertical dist, blazer was horizontal. what do i have to swap?

i was told i have to swap the intake manifold, distributor, and timing cover.

and since its a 2wd engine going in to a 4x4 truck, i assume the oil pan needs swappin too?

any exhaust issues to worry about??

i posted a day ago and noone responded.

someone wanna give me an answer here??

thanks....

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-06-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: combining Double Posts - Double Posting is Prohibited by the rules of the forum. Feel free to bump a post if you have waited a day, but do not create a new post on the same problem.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You know you can bump your post... Double posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum. Also, you might want to curb the attitude. Everyone here donates their time and experience. Having an attitude about not getting responses in your definition of a timely manner doesn't help your case at all. You can go pay a mechanic to give you responses on your time line if you'd like.

Now, as far as the SS goes (s-10 SS), the only difference that I am aware of is in the programming of the PCM.

You will want to swap over the distributor, but everything else should be fine. The exhaust manifolds will bolt right up the exact same as the old motor. Everything else should be the same as your engine.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 AM

thanks for the input, thats gonna save me time.

sorry about the "attitude", the shop I work at has been busier than hell with all the snowfall and everyone needs thier snowmobiles fixed, i didnt want this blazer taking up any more time or space than neccessary. the head mechanic here has little knowledge of why "95" is a special year, and over the few years ive had this blazer, ive heard 234576378 different things about it.

so, the distributor is the ONLY thing i have to change? its a lot easier once both engines are out.

and i didnt know about double-posting, all the other forums i have used i usually get a response faster. sorry.

i can still use my ECU from the 4x4 one? the SS one was missing and all wires cut.

thanks though

Old 02-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Use your wiring harness and ECU.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 PM

oil pan definitly looks different...

now i have to figure out how to get these torque converter bolts off, its SIEZED (the bad motor)