2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Jimmy-opposite headlights working

Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 AM
jcarter4311 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Jimmy-opposite headlights working

Hello,
95 Jimmy (S10 style), 4 door, 4wd, automatic. I recently had to replace some front end components, now, when I turn on the headlights, I get only one high beam (passenger) and nothing else, flip to low beams and only one of those (divers side). To make this clear, only one light at a time works. Weird!! I have crossed checked the bulbs, when I switch them around, they work in the sockets that are working, if that makes sense. In other words, I am positive the bulbs are good. I have all running lights, turn signals, hazards and brake, just the opposite headlight problem. This models does not have an underhood fuse box, just the one that is at the dash, driver side. In the glove box, there are two relays, one for the horn, the other I believe is the fuel pump, nothing else. Under the hood, there are I think 4 (??) relays, that are connected. I do not know what they are for. I do not hear any buzzing, clicking or anything of the sort. I have checked the fuses, they all seem to be fine. I am stumped, hoping to get some answers. Before the accident, all worked just fine, just now, for some reason, have decided to not work. I have checked the wiring, it's all plugged in correctly, I have cleaned all three grounds. I have read some posts, some indicated perhaps the multi-function swith, others indicated the DRL might be a problem. I do not think this has DRL, as it did not work prior to the accident. It does have a fuse place for it, and the fuse is in there. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-10-2014, 08:38 PM
jcarter4311 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jcarter4311
Hello,
95 Jimmy (S10 style), 4 door, 4wd, automatic. I recently had to replace some front end components, now, when I turn on the headlights, I get only one high beam (passenger) and nothing else, flip to low beams and only one of those (divers side). To make this clear, only one light at a time works. Weird!! I have crossed checked the bulbs, when I switch them around, they work in the sockets that are working, if that makes sense. In other words, I am positive the bulbs are good. I have all running lights, turn signals, hazards and brake, just the opposite headlight problem. This models does not have an underhood fuse box, just the one that is at the dash, driver side. In the glove box, there are two relays, one for the horn, the other I believe is the fuel pump, nothing else. Under the hood, there are I think 4 (??) relays, that are connected. I do not know what they are for. I do not hear any buzzing, clicking or anything of the sort. I have checked the fuses, they all seem to be fine. I am stumped, hoping to get some answers. Before the accident, all worked just fine, just now, for some reason, have decided to not work. I have checked the wiring, it's all plugged in correctly, I have cleaned all three grounds. I have read some posts, some indicated perhaps the multi-function swith, others indicated the DRL might be a problem. I do not think this has DRL, as it did not work prior to the accident. It does have a fuse place for it, and the fuse is in there. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
UPDATE:
Replaced headlight switch, no change. Grounds cleaned, re-checked all bulbs, fuses...nothing!! Anyone have any ideas? Could it be the headlight switch pigtail?