2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95blazer pouring fuel out the exhaust

Old 09-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Vortecspider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95blazer pouring fuel out the exhaust

Hey fellows,

I just bought a 95 s10 blazer. Its stock with the 4.3 in it running rough very low idle, will stay idling though. The guy I bought it from says a while back hereplaced thefuel pressureregulatorand when he put it back together he stripped something out in there? I pulled it apart and the thing was leaking fuel but it looked like more on the regulator side then where I foundthe problem. He only put one o-ringbackon the line. I repaired that and put it back together and the thing runs better however it seems to pour fuel out the exhaust and it looks as if the line at the motor maybe leaking as I see fuel dripping on the flange for the exhaust on thedriverside. I think it was also the fuel pressure regulator leaking in addition to the line. I'm now wonderingis the motor toast since the fuel is just pouring out the back? It doesn't smoke or miss or knock. I takethat back it misses like once and while when your pressing on the accellerator. Does anyoneknow what my problem is? is it BLOW-BY? or could something else cause the flood of fuel? I appreciate all the help you guys can lend....Take Care, Kris

Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
dadrummerray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 95blazer pouring fuel out the exhaust

from my experience, the cats are supposed to burn off all the remaining fuel. mine was doing the same thing yours was doing and when i put the fuel pressure regulator in it cleared right up. check to make sure that there is no gap on the fuel pressure regulator when you install it. i have never heard of straight fuel pouring out the exhaust though. i don't really thinks that possible......you would have huge flames coming out. i would venture to say its moisture or condensation. also, any fuel leaks you have, you might want to get fixed as thats a fire waiting to happen.....it just takes a spark.

ray

Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuel out the tailpipe. Are you saying you have liquid fuel or vapors?
If its liquid, your positive its fuel and not water?
Water would be normal, gas isn't.

I had a similar problem.It would idle fine, however with mine once I put the truck into gear the fuel dump was great enough that it hydrolocked the engine and it died instantly. It would not crank over until the fuel drained past the rings and ended up in my oil. That's how I found it, my oil level kept going up. Plus the unmistakable odor of gas under the hood. The problem was the wrong part in the right box. I had replaced my FPR (fuel pressure regulator) to fix another issue. Horrible miss while driving. I took the FPR back to the autoparts store, along with the box and my original FPR. I had them pull another from inventory, and sure enough it matched my original. They did a defective part exchange, and my fuel dump problem went away.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: dadrummerray

from my experience, the cats are supposed to burn off all the remaining fuel. mine was doing the same thing yours was doing and when i put the fuel pressure regulator in it cleared right up. check to make sure that there is no gap on the fuel pressure regulator when you install it. i have never heard of straight fuel pouring out the exhaust though. i don't really thinks that possible......you would have huge flames coming out. i would venture to say its moisture or condensation. also, any fuel leaks you have, you might want to get fixed as thats a fire waiting to happen.....it just takes a spark.

ray
Cats are not supposed to burn off any remaining fuel. The combustion process burns off all fuel in the engine. If your getting fuel into your cats, you got timing issues, or one hell of a cam/blower set-up. Cats are supposed toremove the harmfull elements in the exhaust gas,it gets changed into water vapor. Hence the water out the tail pipe if your cats are working properly. Plus the reason factory mufflers have a weep hole in them, so they don't rustfrom the inside out. This is why I asked in my first respeons if teh liquid was gas or water. Taste it to verify. Don't drink it, but a drop on your toungue ought to be enough to tell if its gas or water. If your nose is fuel of gas fumes, anything you smell will smell like gas.