2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

96 Blazer No Engine Compartment Fuse box? Help

Old 08-11-2007, 11:08 AM
nflea7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 96 Blazer No Engine Compartment Fuse box? Help

I'm looking for my fuesebox that should be in my engine compartment. From what I have read it should be above theair box but thatsfor a 98+ so where is it on a 96? I am looking to check my engine fuses and pull my day time running lights fuse. Thanks!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Default RE: 96 Blazer No Fuse Brick? Help

Anyone? I know it has one I just can't find where? I've seen them on the 98+ but I can't locate it on my 96 I even took out the computer. Is it in the cabin or is it in the engine compartment?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fuse brick??? Please explain what it is you are looking for? Are you having troubles with your vehicle? If you are, completely describe your problem(s) and we can help further...

Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its in his original post, he wants to disable his daytime running lights by pulling the fuse. Correct me if im wrong kyle but is there a specific fuse that controlls that because i dont think that there is.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM

SorryThe engine compartment fuse box, that is what I am looking for, I know on the 98+ the engine compartment fuse box is right above the air box but on my 96 blazer LT it is not, and I can't find where in the engine compartment it is. I am looking for some help onhow to locate it. No real problem yet per say I just want to check some fuses but for the life of me I can't find where the box is. Thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, well, when you change the title and the post, things become a bit more clear...[&o] LMAO! 98+ have two fuse boxes... One in the engine compartment and one on the driver's side of the dash.

And per the clarified question, your fuse box is located on the side of the dash accessible with the driver's door open by removing the cover. This information along with the fused circuit descriptions is available in your owner's manual. If you do not have your original owners manual, you can download a free PDF copy of your manual through MyGMLink.com (or CLICK HERE).

And FYI, the DRL fuse (#15) also controls the fog lights so if you do not have fog lights, you should be able to pull the DRL fuse to disable the daytime running lights.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 PM

Ok, yes I realized my posting was a bit confusing at first. Sorry[] Just to clarify then, the 96 blazers do not have an engine compartment fuse box? makes sense since I can't find it but I had to ask. Thanks