2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

96 blazer no start please help tring to work on it friday night

Old 01-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Ridinblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 96 blazer no start please help tring to work on it friday night

Hello everyone i have a 96 blazer, it has a hard start problem, it first started off as really har dstarting just crnking it over then i turned the key on and off till i heard the fuel pump kick on kinda of like a primeing thing, if i shoot a shot of ether down the throttle body it will start, once it starts sometimes it would bog down until it stalled and i noticed the converter was starting to get red and i could smell sulfur so i replaced the o sensor and converter, i also replaced the cap, rotor, wires, coil, when i crank it once the fuel pressure only goes to 45-48lbs if i keep cranking it it goes to ablut 50-52 sometimes its goes to 60lbs when it goes to 60 it kinda starts so i am wonder do i need a fuel pump or what please help thanks i am trying to work on friday night so any hints will help

Old 01-31-2008, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 96 blazer no start please help tring to work on it friday night

Sounds like a fuel system issue, when was the last time you changed the fuel filter???

Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 PM

i replaced with all those other parts acutally before that i replaced it when i first had the issuse

Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have replaced all of the other components, you probably are looking at a pump problem.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:22 PM

yeah thats what i was thinking it really dont bother me replacing it i just wanna narrow it down to the pump

Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran

I just replied to his pm with that same answer kyle LOL!!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's try the standard fuel pump test. Hook your fuel pressure gauage to the schrader valve on the inlet line, turn the key to the 'on' position (not 'start') and check the pressure. You want 55-62 psi. Turn the key off and see if the pressure holds. If it drops more than ~2-3 psi and then continues to drop over the next few minutes, there's a problem. Let us know.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 PM

when i turn the key on it doesnt go to 50lbs it goes more like to the 40's unless i crank it it goes like to 52

Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran

I am going with fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator on this one!!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:30 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuel pump. There's not enough pressure to even start it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 96 blazer no start please help tring to work on it friday night