2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

HELP! Replaced intake manifold gasket - have problems now.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
kermit1112 is on a distinguished road
Default HELP! Replaced intake manifold gasket - have problems now.

I just replaced my intake manifold gasket and MAP sensor on my 2000 Blazer. I put it all back together as per the directions. I started my truck and the engine has a miss. The check engine light is also on.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

Okaaay? What are your code's? What cyl# is missing? And did you put the distributer in right or 180 off? AND did you make sure all the plug's went back in there right spot's? All these will play factor in to your engine missing.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check for vacuum leaks.

When you removed everything, did you open up the intake plenum or pull it off complete?

Pull the electrical connection to the injection spider and have a look at all of the pins. It is not too difficult to bend a pin.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Beginning Member

dist in right mark rotor and dist housing to make sure it was.also all plug are in right spots triple check eveything. i will find out code today.

when you say intake pelnum what do you mean? i took everything off include tb and cai. all i did was loosing fuel and sensors and took dist out but mark it correctly.

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-19-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT feature to include additional information in your post if another member has not replied. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What I meant by open up the plenum was the removal of the plastic upper intake. If you left that as an assembly with the lower intake, then we can rule out an issue with the injection spider aside from the aforementioned bent pin on the main electrical connection to the spider.

You can check for vacuum leaks with an unlit propane torch.

Also check to make sure you have all of the spark plug wires fully seated onto the distributor and the plugs. I have seen trapped air in the boot cause a plug wire to become disconnected.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
What I meant by open up the plenum was the removal of the plastic upper intake. If you left that as an assembly with the lower intake, then we can rule out an issue with the injection spider aside from the aforementioned bent pin on the main electrical connection to the spider.

You can check for vacuum leaks with an unlit propane torch.

Also check to make sure you have all of the spark plug wires fully seated onto the distributor and the plugs. I have seen trapped air in the boot cause a plug wire to become disconnected.
i just check all the wires and check for vacuum leaks and there is nothing.could it be a bad dist cap and rotor? i dont have a scanner to scan the code either. i only did lower gasket because thats what was leaking bad.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Beginning Member

i also replace ign module to because went bad a couple weeks ago. wondering if coil is bad to, because when i give it some gas in higher rpms it smooth out.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds like a bad cap or rotor. Mine was doing something similar. Cap and rotor sorted it out.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member

did you do your intake to? and did this happen?

Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Autozone and get that code read. You'll get better help with a solid clue.

Quick Reply: HELP! Replaced intake manifold gasket - have problems now.