2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation s-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

99 blazer keyless entry help

  #1  
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
catphe10 is on a distinguished road
Default 99 blazer keyless entry help

As the title suggests i have a 99 blazer 4dr 4x4.

I have not been able to get my keyless entry fobs to program.

I have tried many time the procedure to hold the unlock button on drivers door down and cycle ignition twice and release the button. the locks should cycle but they don't.

so is there a different way to get the vehicle into the programming mode?

i have tried to find something to tell me what pins to jump in the obd II connector but cant seem to find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.
 
  #2  
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Starting Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 139
LRV31 is on a distinguished road
Default

Are you starting out with all the doors closed & the key in the ignition?

If not it won't go into the programming mode.
 
  #3  
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
catphe10 is on a distinguished road
Default

Here is the step by step i have been using...

I open drivers door sit in the drivers seat, shut the door, insert the key into the ignition then press and hold the power unlock button, cycle the ignition from off to run two times, release the unlock button at this point the door locks should cycle but do not.

Thanks,
 
  #4  
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Cruiser64's Avatar
Beginning Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Cruiser64 is on a distinguished road
Default

First do you know for sure your truck has the module for RKE and also when you turn the key it has to be fairly fast. I know when I did mine first to check if I had RKE I turned the key to slow and it did nothing so I pulled the foot panel to check it the module was there. It was so back to programing. Like I said it has to be about 2 or 3 seconds to turn it both times, so just about as fast as you can then let go of the lock. Hope this helps.
 
  #5  
Old 01-28-2012, 11:13 AM
redcruiser's Avatar
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colchester UK
Posts: 72
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Just checking, this isn't a RHD Blazer by any chance? Chances are it isn't but you haven't put a location on here.
 
  #6  
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
catphe10 is on a distinguished road
Default

It is LHD....

This is what I know... when I got the Blazer (5 years Ago) the dealer gave me the keys with working keyless fobs... about 3 years ago i had an issue with the passlock system and had it replaced... Seance then The fobs have not worked...This is the info. from the back of the key fob....

GM p/n: 12490830
fcc id: ezsoemtx

Thanks for the help.
 
  #7  
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM
BF Veteran
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW Central OH
Posts: 2,252
pettyfog is a jewel in the roughpettyfog is a jewel in the roughpettyfog is a jewel in the rough
Default

Originally Posted by catphe10 View Post
..
I have not been able to get my keyless entry fobs to program.

I have tried many time the procedure to hold the unlock button on drivers door down and cycle ignition twice and release the button. the locks should cycle but they don't.

so is there a different way to get the vehicle into the programming mode?

i have tried to find something to tell me what pins to jump in the obd II connector but cant seem to find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Three days and a couple posts, later
Originally Posted by catphe10 View Post
It is LHD....

This is what I know... when I got the Blazer (5 years Ago) the dealer gave me the keys with working keyless fobs... about 3 years ago i had an issue with the passlock system and had it replaced... Seance then The fobs have not worked...This is the info. from the back of the key fob....

GM p/n: 12490830
fcc id: ezsoemtx

Thanks for the help.
 
  #8  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
catphe10 is on a distinguished road
Default

I can tell that you think that was an important detail.. fine... but that doesn't help me with the issue.
 
  #9  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW Central OH
Posts: 2,252
pettyfog is a jewel in the roughpettyfog is a jewel in the roughpettyfog is a jewel in the rough
Default

Originally Posted by catphe10 View Post
I can tell that you think that was an important detail.. fine... but that doesn't help me with the issue.
the important detail is that the fobs worked before you had the passlock problem. You had passlock fixed, and the fix either wasnt completed, or you didnt address it at the same time.

It MIGHT have been part of the fix if you had. Now you get to take it to a dealer and get the job more or less done again. Really. That is a tricky system and it is not well documented.. for good reason.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
sporty982000
Lighting & Electrical
2
08-23-2014 07:54 PM
Cruiser64
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
7
01-22-2012 12:50 PM
guywithabowtie
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
0
12-14-2010 12:28 PM
Bosgarage57
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
7
12-13-2010 01:11 PM
jamesdforsythe
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
2
08-30-2008 03:37 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 blazer keyless entry help


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.