2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ABS - Kelsey Hayes

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Jimblaze is on a distinguished road

That is interesting because the relay that I used was just a little smaller, with the pins in the same position. I could not find the exact size, you might feel like forwarding contact details. I had to spread the pins in order to reach the holes on the pc board, but it worked out fine. However, before I had the ABS and BRAKE lights coming on intermediate. Now I have only the ABS coming on solid all the time. I went out and got a data tool, and ran a test. The codes that come up now is no longer the relay but the RF sensor. The sensor test good however. When I spin the wheel by hand, I get a reading on the dig ohm meter when connected to the two pin plug on the other end. So now, either I have a dry solder in the EBCM or another problem within the Unit. Gotta do some more investigating. Is yours working now?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:13 PM
jelm09 is on a distinguished road

I had P0265 Open EBCM relay on my 2002 4dr 4x4. I obtained and tried 2 used ones before I found one that worked. More importantly, this allowed me the opportunity to attempt to fix the other 2. The fix is simple and can be done in about 15 mins by someone with experience in soldering re-work. I have two I am willing to part with and have been tested on my truck.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM
CaptnTony is an unknown quantity at this point

Did a DIY ever get created/posted anywhere? I'm thinking I have to get mine done now that ABS is on all the time.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member
10sec5oh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CaptnTony
Did a DIY ever get created/posted anywhere? I'm thinking I have to get mine done now that ABS is on all the time.
Me too!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 PM
tshannon76 is on a distinguished road

I have the damn Series 30 so I have to find a used one. I have replaced both front hub assemblies with the sensors and have checked the grounds and I still get the light intermittently so that's all that's left right?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Beginning Member
10sec5oh is on a distinguished road

Just got my ABS module repaired by modulemaster, everything works great now. No more stupid ABS and Parking brake light! Finally.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:34 AM
kmomotaro is on a distinguished road
Cool SOLVED! ABS/E-brake light issue w/EBCM rebuild...

First post here, so want to say thanks for all the helpful info. Also, a first time Blazer owner 2003, LS, 4dr, 4WD, 140+K and this is one of the problems I tried to tackle. I am also a S10 owner and part of their forum. They had some helpful info about this particular issue and have photos/pictures about the rebuild.

ABS/E-Brake lights come ON/OFF intermittently; sometimes on startup, sometimes when running, can go off when you turn off key and turn on again. Just a pain in the *** to look at everyday!

C0265 - was the ABS code from Autozone; autozone tech had the same thing going on w/his silverado.

My options were modulemaster or try to do it myself. I choose the latter as I say if I f-up, it was already f`d to begin with and I will try my luck on the junk yard or just leave it alone. Went to Harbor Freight and got a soldering kit about $10 (needed one anyways). I read some info on the S10 forum, but had a good tip from this guy on youtube. Simple fix, only 5 circuits need to be resoldered inside the EBCM. I also resoldered circuits that seemed cracked.

First take out EBCM. To do this a 15T torx for 4 bolts that hold it in place, then take out 3 connectors. Once removed from car remove 6 bolts that hold the module housing together (i used 8T torx, but I think its 9T). After that, you need to cut the gasket/silicone which hold it together. I used a box cutter all the way around and pry with two screw drivers (be careful not to put the screwdriver all the way in and damage any internals). Now you can see the internals.

Follow video below on which circuits to solder. The module on the video looks very different but the top cover is the only thing that is different. The connection/inside circuit board is totally identical, as it is a Kesley & Hayes 325 EBCM. Same everything on my 2003 except for the top cover and I have a white relay.

I soldered the 6 and 2 other I thought were cracked. I must say this was my first soldering attempt and it was not pretty at all. Also, it took me a couple of trys to get it right but I made sure I got it covered w/solder for a good connection.

I didn't put the module back together, instead I installed it right in my truck w/the top cover off for some testing. I tried to find the duct tape to tape it but couldn't find it. Anyways, installed it w/cover off and fired the truck a few times, turned the wheel all the way to the right, to the left, step and release e-brake, step on brake, turn on/off truck, anything that would've triggered lights to come on. No lights. Took it for a drive around the block, and did everything I can to trigger the lights, drove it hard/slam brakes. NOTHING! except the intermittent Airbag lights, but that will be another story.

Drove back home pretty confident I fixed it. Took out module, put top cover back on, put some silicone to seal it, screw back top cover, and re-install.

Almost a week later and still no lights. I hope it stays that way.

btw: I did clean and check EBCM ground wire first before I attempted this. Its the one located on the front driver side of the radiatior, behind the headlight. There are 2 ground wires there. EBCM ground is on the top. In order to get to it you must remove the airbox.

Good LUCK!

Last edited by kmomotaro; 09-20-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 AM
kmomotaro is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah forgot to mention. After fixing this ABS/E-brake light issue.. The car seems easier for it to roll. Before on a flat surface with trans on D or R and your feet off brakes it doesn't move by itself. You have to give it a little gas to make it move. After this fix I noticed I put it on D or R and w/out even pressing the gas it rolls forward or backwards by itself. Also, it seem to run much smoother, before it seemed like something was holding the wheels.

Don't know much about brakes but my s10 truck has no ABS lights ON and you don't need to press the gas for it to move too. Now the Blazer is also like that and I like that as it will help save gas.

Maybe you can give us some input on that if any?

Last edited by kmomotaro; 09-20-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Starting Member
Kman3786 is on a distinguished road

2001 Blazer 4x4 ABS and BRAKE lights always on....until now !

THANK U SO MUCH!!! After swapping units from the junk yard I tried this on my original one since it was already out of the truck. All is well plugged in to find no BRAKE! Light on after starting the truck, and the ABS light went out after the initial self check at 3mph pulling out of the driveway. Both lights are off and ABS is working perfectly. Lets hope it stays this way. Only thing is now brakes feel spongy so will need to bleed and probably will do a flush while I'm at it.

Again thank you, saved me the $125 I was gonna pay to have mine fixed. I have had the truck 2 months and could t stand the lights anymore!

Old 10-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Starting Member
jkyle187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lights gone away

Im glad I found this video...was very reluctant to do the solder fix...but what the hell...I had nothing to lose...did as instructed in video and it solved my 2 year problem...did the ground fix too and the brake and abs lights still stayed on.....on the ground fix I also ran an additional ground from radiator spot to the ground post above the ABS system on the firewall...I hope this info helps many more folk....Thank you Forum!!!!, Tony