2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

abs light on will it pass inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:55 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Replace any brake lines recently? My light came on after I had to replace the 1/4" line from front to back over the winter. Air in the ABS block probably. But no it more than likely will not pass.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

In WV. I got my Modified Inspection sticker and my ABS light and park brake light have been lit since the day I bought it in Febuary 08. Inspected 3 times and never even been asked about it. But that's just my experence. Although WV is rediculas on thier detailed inspection laws.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:34 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

dam I hope it passes I got everything else in order so it would. I haven't messed with the break lines at all either. normally when i got 4 wheeling the abs light will come on and then after I'm done it would turn off. couple months ago it came on after 4wheeling and never shut off

Old 08-21-2010, 05:04 AM
LQQKER is on a distinguished road

I live in Virginia and my 2002 chevy blazer FAILED inspection last week because of the abs lights on. Even had a statement from dealership that nothing was wrong with brakes or brake system.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Flatearthman is on a distinguished road

Why don't you get the codes read, Autozone will do it for free.
It could be just dirt or too much of a gap between the sensor and the reluctor ring.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:26 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

it passed inspection with the light on so its no big deal

Old 08-27-2010, 07:47 PM
LQQKER is on a distinguished road
Default Good Idea

Originally Posted by flatearthman
why don't you get the codes read, autozone will do it for free.
It could be just dirt or too much of a gap between the sensor and the reluctor ring.

where are these sensors located ? And how do i get to them ? I can not afford a machanic. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

In NY a vehicle will pass with the ABS light on as long all other inspectable items pass. JP

Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LQQKER
where are these sensors located ? And how do i get to them ? I can not afford a machanic. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
The WSS (wheel speed sensors) are part of the front hubs. The post linked to below shows the range of mV-AC output from the wheel speed sensors that is acceptable.
Brakes - Low Speed (below 5 MPH) ABS Activation

You really should get the codes read. Not sure if the generic autozone scanners will read the ABS codes though.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:07 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been to three shops and all of them say no codes come up on thier scanners, and they can't get the lights to go off. Had the entire front end looked at and nothing is out of place or missing. But oh well, like every blazer, just keep an eye on it and hope nothing goes bad, jokin'.

Glad ya passed Bennidict

Quick Reply: abs light on will it pass inspection?