2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

AC/Heater Not Blowing Windshield Wipers out on same day too!

Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Starting Member
IsthisPerfection is on a distinguished road
Default AC/Heater Not Blowing Windshield Wipers out on same day too!

Hi, Im in the military but my base doesnt have a hobby shop. And its been in the 30's 40's when im leaving for work at 3 in the morning out here in colorado. A few weeks ago the blower for my ac and heater just stopped blowing and the exact same day the windshield wipers stopped working. its a 99 chevy blazer, 2 door ls model. ive checked all of the fuses and cant figure it out with out taking it to the garage which i cant afford at the moment. last winter it hit -22degrees. and i dont want to have to drive in that. Im sure i can afford parts if need be. but this is one of those things i want to do on my own. more or less have to. Where should i start to trouble shoot and what could be the problems. are there any other fuses for those components other than in the driverside part of the dash? base line how much do u think it will cost? any help or advice is appreciated. thank you!
phil

Old 10-19-2011, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Need a meter.
Well, well...
Looky here:
Name:  QgLWT.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  40.9 KB

I guess I would start at the black lead of the blower motor with it 'on'. If you read 12v to chassis grd that would explain both.

oR.. you could look right at G117, my diag has it upper firewall directly in front of driver side wiper arm shaft.
Could be that.. or the splice pack inside that harness.

Last edited by pettyfog; 10-19-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:07 PM
vegie_2 is on a distinguished road

sometimes you can tap on the blower motor and it will start turning if it does its in the motor.
It is hidden on passenger side on firewall covered in plastic shroud in engine compartment.
I hope you get the heater working I'm a displaced coloradoan living in the swamp of miserable Florida but I remember how cold it gets there and you need some heat and defrost!
Thank you for your service to america

Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Starting Member
IsthisPerfection is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for the help

Im going to try everything you guys told me. Hopefully i cant get to autozone or a friend has volt tester. ill filddle around with all the connections. thank god there is a junk yard right down the road from here! haha i practically bought a lemon. i love the car cause i had a 4 door blazer and i got the 2 door like 2 years ago and ive already had to replace the motor....

Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Actually this is a good application for the good old tried and true 'TUG TEST'

Key on Engine off, Wipers and blower 'ON'. Grab that harness, flex and bend it. Work out either side of grounding lug.