2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Adding Rpm Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
burcham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding Rpm Gauge?

Still pretty new to the forum but think its pretty cool. but my 98 blazer doesnt have an RPM gauge and kinda would like one. How hard is it to install an Rpm gauge? and would it look stupid to put a pod or pillar on a blazer? or should i just install it in one of the empty spaces (where the 4x4 switch would be)Just trying to make sure i dont turn a pretty thing like a blazer into a hunk of junk. and i am putting in the cold air intake does anyone know if i should put a Air/Fuel ratio gauge or is that mostly for looks?

Old 11-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Adding Rpm Gauge?

You could possibly try to find a gauge cluster with an RPM gauge instead... If you want an addon RPM gauge, I'd go with a smaller autometer gauge and mount it to the top of the steering column. It should come with installation instructions.

Air/Fuel ratio gauges are pretty much for looks unless you have a way of adjusting things like fuel and spark. With the ignition system as it is on your Blazer, you really can't mess with the timing all that much. The only way to play with the fuel is to alter the fuel pressure by using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in place of the stock unit... I'm not sure if that is even possible with the fuel system setup on the 4.3L...

Old 11-22-2005, 05:03 PM

Sweet! thats what ill do then. what does a "gas saver gauge" do? is this also for looks.. Dont really want to put a bunch a crap in the blazer that doesnt do anything except look pretty (besides the wife)

Old 11-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heard of a 'gas saver' gauge...

I'm sure you can probably find some information about a RPM cluster swap over at S-Series.org. Those guys seem to have tried everything under the sun. I hate to push you over to another site/forum, but I have had to go there for some answers before.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:21 PM

yeah i hadnt heard of the fuel saver before either.. just saw it on autozone's website.. Dont know if they have auto zones in NY or not