2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Airbag light goes on and off

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:07 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

salvage yards, people parting theirs out, ect. Check ebay as well

Old 10-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I took my gauge face off and put some gorilla tape over the light because it was intermittently turning on and off and it drove me nuts.

Last edited by Tajohns34; 10-05-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-05-2017, 02:26 PM
JayTalbott is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
salvage yards, people parting theirs out, ect. Check ebay as well
Nothing on ebay. And I don't even know where to start regarding salvage yards or people parting their vehicles out... and how do I know if a sensor I get through those avenues is any better than the one I've got?

Old 10-05-2017, 02:26 PM
JayTalbott is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
I took my gauge face off and put some gorilla tape over the light because it was intermittently turning on and off and it drove me nuts.
I'd like to actually fix it, not just mask the problem.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JayTalbott
Nothing on ebay. And I don't even know where to start regarding salvage yards or people parting their vehicles out... and how do I know if a sensor I get through those avenues is any better than the one I've got?
Somewhere in my world, I'm searching for it, is a paper with the resistance specs for the sensor. The way to test sensors is to measure the ohms.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

I needed a sensor and I put in a "item wanted" over at ZR2USA and a member was going to the yard found me one and sold it to me very reasonable. Mine was the driver's side. Fixed my issue. FYI...I still have a spare sensor that goes under console and a steering wheel bag if anyone needs it. Just pay for shipping. I got them for a 02 ZR2 Blazer.

Last edited by Vahomboy; 10-08-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:00 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all of the posts on this topic. This is definitely an annoying problem. I had a friend borrow my Blazer once and it concerned her quite a bit. Reading what people posted has put my mind at ease that the air bags will still deploy.

This would be consistent from what I learned from the dealer when I asked about it. They said not to worry about it. I wish I had pestered them more on the topic at the time though.

Christine

Old 10-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road

I had a left front sensor circuit code a while back Boo36 ,it was intermittent and it turned out to be the connection on the restraint brain under the console it just had to wiggle it back in place.......Ive read that the system won't operate when the lights on ......Has someone confirmed that it will?

Old 10-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

You're correct strangerock. The red air bag light on means the air bags will not deploy. Except at initial start up.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Starting Member
WalkGood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Strangerock
I had a left front sensor circuit code a while back Boo36 ,it was intermittent and it turned out to be the connection on the restraint brain under the console it just had to wiggle it back in place.......Ive read that the system won't operate when the lights on ......Has someone confirmed that it will?
can u please describe in detail how to find and get to that connection?

Quick Reply: Airbag light goes on and off