2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Power Loss....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Beginning Member
BigNeal is on a distinguished road
Default Power Loss....

WHAT in the haaiiill man?!! I get a SES code for the secondary air injection system (air pump) and want to erase the code but when I go to have the obd2 reader plugged into the car, its not putting any power out! Is there a fuse for that and if so where is it so I can trouble shoot that and check the cigarette lighter/auxiliary power plugs to make sure they are getting power as well. Thanks in advance folks!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well... Erasing a code isn't going to solve anything. If you want help troubleshooting the code, please post the code once you are able to access the PCM with your code reader.

As far as your scan tool trouble, the DLC shares the same fuse as your cigarette lighter. Or at least it does on the newer 2nd Gens. Without any vehicle details, it is difficult to provide exact help. Please keep that in mind when you post requests for help and try to provide your vehicle year, make, model, and any other applicable details that you feel add to the nature of your request.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Beginning Member
BigNeal is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Well... Erasing a code isn't going to solve anything. If you want help troubleshooting the code, please post the code once you are able to access the PCM with your code reader.

As far as your scan tool trouble, the DLC shares the same fuse as your cigarette lighter. Or at least it does on the newer 2nd Gens. Without any vehicle details, it is difficult to provide exact help. Please keep that in mind when you post requests for help and try to provide your vehicle year, make, model, and any other applicable details that you feel add to the nature of your request.
Well bo, I know what the code is because Ive seen it before (P410) so thats not my concern as much as the power issue, but you might have hit home as I did not know the cig and the obd stuff were on the same line..real genius gm lol. Preciate the response and Ima fix my sig to let folks know what I got in my ride ahead of time!