2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

problems, and a good question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Beginning Member
buddanicholson101 is on a distinguished road
Default problems, and a good question

the question i have is to the sensors on the 95's -2000 4.3 vortecs, why is it that almost everyone i have talked to and everything i have found on the blazer is so complicated? i hear of people changing out sensors and then they wont start or just problems that are usually simple but ending up costing us lots of money? what ever happened to the simple carbs and electrical. dont get me wrong i still love my blazer but putting alot of money in it is starting to make me mad. i wanted to start doing some performance stuff but am at wits end with all the problems. i have parts and etc of things that i was going to install(turbo, intake, etc.) and just dont feel like it anymore. i fix this thinkin that was it and it turns out not to be it. so in saying this could someone give me another idea of what would make it hesitate when cold and whn moisture is in air and at highway speeds.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that most people do not have the tools/equipment to properly diagnose the issues and do not want to either pay for the tools/equipment or go to a dealer/mechanic that has the proper tools/equipment. This causes people to take the shotgun approach to auto repair that frustrates so many. The larger problem is that most mechanics now take this approach as well so there is always a catch. I would rather spend $1000 on tools and use them infrequently than be at the mercy of someone who has the tools but doesn't fully comprehend their use.

As with anything done over the internet, we can only guide you in the proper diagnosis of the problem at hand. If you can't find the problem with the vehicle in front of you, think of how difficult it is for someone on the other end of a computer connection that only has your descriptions (or lack there of) to go off of. In the end, the vehicle owner is the one with their head under the hood; the eyes and ears for those of us willing to help. We can make suggestions but it is up to you to figure out how to determine if that is the actual cause or just a good place to start looking. Ask follow up questions if you don't know the proper diagnostic steps. But, if you just replace the part mentioned and it doesn't cure the problem, well, sorry...that is not our fault.

As far as your actual driveability problem you are experiencing, it looks like you have a thread (well a few... I have combined them for you) for that already so lets keep it there.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Starting Member
1998MSO is on a distinguished road

Agreed, while complicated any new vehicle can usually be diagnosed with the proper tools and knowledge.

You got me thinking about a couple of my first cars (with Carburetor etc..) and how it used to stall at every intersection until warmed up, and how it would die if the ignition got wet and the recommended spark plug change was every 3000 miles! While those vehicles were simpler, they weren't necessarily better.