2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 blazer no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Beginning Member
camarofanatic90 is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 blazer no start

hi all. i have replaced fuel pump due to only 10 psi of pressure. replaced coil and ignition control module. cap, wires, plugs, and rotor also have been changed. i have 12v going to the coil and no spark coming from the coil could the camshaft position sensor keep the coil from firing?

Old 06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Beginning Member
Mikek1500 is on a distinguished road

A good possibility either the wires going to the crank position sensor could've been pinched if a water pump was recently replaced or the sensor itself could be bad.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Beginning Member

so the crankshaft position sensor will keep the coil from firing?

ok i put in a new crank sensor and cam sensor still no spark coming from coil. anything else i should look at?

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-05-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Beginning Member

bump!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you replace the CMP and/or CKP without first testing...?

Have you tested the coil? ICM?

Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Beginning Member

original icm tested bad at autoparts store put new one on still no spark took icm off and had it tested tested good tested original coil with ohm meter across primary and secondary terminals out resistance across primary high replaced with new one put in new plugs, cap, rotor, and wires truck has been sitting for three years. was looking at the crank position sensor wires from behind ac compressorand traced it down to sensor and red wire had about a 2" section where it had been split and a second peice of green wire jumped between it took the cmp sensor harness from behind the ac compressor loose and from sensor cleaned it up and crimped the wires back together. the connector to the sensor and the sensor plug were full of oil from what looks to be a previous oil leak so i figured to replace the sensor because of it being ground out from bare wire or the oil in the connection messing it up

Old 06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Beginning Member

bump!!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:59 PM
mierze is on a distinguished road

generally, CMPs only identify cyl 1 tdc. so forget that. CKP is where to look. make sure your coil is properly grounded. i havent done any ignition work on mine, so im just throwing things out there.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member

i think i am getting good ground i took the connector to the coil off and put my meter on it and get 12.4v with key on and 11.4 v while cranking. i am pulling my hair out trying to figure it out but still getting no spark from coil.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
mierze is on a distinguished road

try a new coil. wouldnt be the first time someone got a defective part.

Quick Reply: 1995 blazer no start