2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer 2000 4wd 128,000

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 02:40 PM
John Zamboli is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer 2000 4wd 128,000

Okay so I just got this blazer I replace the water pump I replaced the fuel pump just put in a new alternator and now I got a check enegine light on for code po446 which I googled and took to auto zone means my purge valve is bad about 2 months back I changed it and light went off stayed off for a about a month came back on so I changed the one under my spare tire as tread in other forms on this website today I decided to change the top one again code still saying it’s bad how is this possible when it’s two brand new parts please any help is appreciated

Old 04-21-2018, 05:39 PM
canadianbacon is on a distinguished road

Your vapor canister could be plugged or not as free flowing as it should be, not allowing the purge valve to do it's job correctly.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by canadianbacon
Your vapor canister could be plugged or not as free flowing as it should be, not allowing the purge valve to do it's job correctly.
what would the next step be to do

Old 04-22-2018, 03:44 PM
jacked_72 is on a distinguished road

Mine was a fuel tank pressure sensor. It lives on top of the fuel pump. Bought a cheapie from Amazon for $10 to trouble shoot by playing swaptronics and the code has been gone since.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by jacked_72
Mine was a fuel tank pressure sensor. It lives on top of the fuel pump. Bought a cheapie from Amazon for $10 to trouble shoot by playing swaptronics and the code has been gone since.
damn alright I’ll try that out the cheaper the better I don’t know if it could be my charcoal canister I read some where saying that would cause it to pop up with the code all my lines look pretty solid no rust and damage

Old 04-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Default Blazer

Originally Posted by John Zamboli

damn alright I’ll try that out the cheaper the better I don’t know if it could be my charcoal canister I read some where saying that would cause it to pop up with the code all my lines look pretty solid no rust and damage
I found someone junking a blazer same year make and model with lower miles so they said I can have their charcoal canister for free so I figure I take a couple extra parts off of it in case of emergency’s they are good clean parts but I don’t think it’s the sensor I just changed the entire fuel pump not even 4 months ago

Old 04-24-2018, 08:34 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John Zamboli

I found someone junking a blazer same year make and model with lower miles so they said I can have their charcoal canister for free so I figure I take a couple extra parts off of it in case of emergency’s they are good clean parts but I don’t think it’s the sensor I just changed the entire fuel pump not even 4 months ago
P0446 is an EVAP vent solenoid code that directs you to the correct factory diagnostic chart (nothing more). As you have found, it does not mean the EVAP vent solenoid is bad.

Typically P0446 is a bad canister vent solenoid, or damaged wiring to the solenoid, or the EVAP canister is plugged. My Avalanche had a P0446 when I bought it and it was the canister. Since you have already put the solenoid on and another canister is available for free, check the wiring and if OK install the EVAP canister from the other vehicle. Note that P0446 codes do not set immediately if a problem is still present. Could be a left over pressure sensor problem from fuel pump installation. But if you have trouble filling tank rapidly on highest setting without pump continuously shutting off, then the EVAP vent system is actually restricted and pressure sensor would not be the cause of the P0446.

Last edited by LesMyer; 04-24-2018 at 08:43 AM.