2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer 2001 security light stay on problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Marwan is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer 2001 security light stay on problem

Hi
I have blazer 2001 problem
Start with aftermarket alarm electric problem so i did removed it, and wire every thing back as it was like factory wire, in first time the car strat ok, after i tried again the security light stay on not flashing and the car start and die.
So i tried to relearn passlock( turn the ignition on not to start 10min than the light will go off turn the ignition off, (3 times) method) the light will stay on after 10 min not likethe method said off
I tried another way i watched on YouTube to forced to releran (cut the yalow wire under the ignition and contacted to orange/black wire) the light start flashing but after 10 min will stay on not flashing after 10 min , tried 3times ignition on 10min off 5sec,but after that the light stay on solid.
I tried another advice to connect resistance 1000 ohms between the wires but it is the same the security light flashing than stay solid.
I tried to program alarm remote to the factory alarm
(close the doors and but the key in the ignition and hold the door unlock bottom and trun the the ignition on and off twice fast with out start the car) but the car not responding by lock and unlock the doors to confirm program mode.
But i notice that the light will light on for few seconds after i turn off the ignition for the second time in the process.
I used scan tool to check error, there is no errors
I tried to disconnect the battery for hours.
I tried to hock back aftermarket alarm to the car the same firt one (clifford concept 300)
I did check for fuse panel every thing is ok
I tried to look for the disarm wire l.t green in the purple conecter on the BCM, i did not find it on it.

Please help...

Last edited by Marwan; 09-05-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:52 AM
keen is on a distinguished road

A failed BCM will illuminate the security light.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Marwan is on a distinguished road

I found out that my blazer is European and i need to inter by fog light bottom, immobilizer 5 digit Pin code to program alarm remote, but i can not found it in the glove box or any place else.
Please any one hlep my with my immobilizer 5 digit pin code.
VIN : 1GNDT13W61K185196

Old 03-12-2023, 03:42 AM
38325610 is on a distinguished road
Default was this solved

I am trying to help a friend fix his blazer that has this exact same issue to a T. Were you ever successful in fixing it? Thank you!

Old 03-12-2023, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

What are your symptoms and what have you tried so far?

George

Old 03-13-2023, 08:05 AM

2001 blazer security light is solid on all the time, does not turn off. Car starts but then dies. Tried a relearn procedure from the Internet, can't remember the exact steps but it involved turning the vehicle on and off a few times in a row waiting in between. That didn't seem to do anything. Security light never turned off. Looked at all the fuses and they look fine. Read about some kind of passlock bypass thing but have not attempted that. Thank you so much for responding!

Old 03-14-2023, 02:57 AM
BF Veteran

The security telltale in the dash is used for status and fault indication for both the vehicle theft deterrent system (fuel injectors) and content theft deterrent system (doors/horn). The indicator is supposed to illuminate with key on for the vtd system and during key off for the ctd system. A solid light indicates a stored fault code for the security that would help with diagnosis but cannot be read by garden variety scanners. Also, basic scanners cannot perform the test and diagnostic steps that the shop manual outlines. Because of this, a fault in this system can be difficult for the shade tree mechanic to analyze. An example would be a fault in the class 2 serial communications bus between the bcm and other modules or sensors. The proprietary GM fault codes would flag this and help with diagnostics and repair.

That said, the most common fault in the vtd system is a pass lock failure. This is a Hall effect sensor and unique resistor (one of ten values) integrated with the ignition lock assembly that lets the bcm know that the vehicle is being started with a proper key and an uncompromised pass lock module. When there is a fault in this system, usually the vehicle will start and then stall a few seconds later as the fuel injectors get disabled. Some conditions may also cause a complete no start condition, the shop manual is confusing on this point. If the pass lock system is the problem it can be the ignition assembly, pass lock module, the wiring to the bcm, the bcm, the pcm or the class 2 serial communications data bus between these things. Frequently a hack and then relearn is performed instead of the proper replacement of the damaged parts which involves inserting a resistor into the pass lock wiring near the pcm and then going through a 30 minute relearn process (10 min with a tech 2 scanner). It’s difficult to know what the security light is telling us without a high end scanner but the resistor hack and relearn is a trynostics Hail Mary that might solve your problem

George

Last edited by GeorgeLG; 03-14-2023 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:00 PM

Thank you so much for your advice. If I wanted to try to get a scanner that could tell me for sure what would I look for?

Old 03-18-2023, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran

Maybe someone else like Les or Christine can chime in on if any of the usual suspects can read security system codes like the Autel, Vident or any of the BT options?

George