2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer got wet now isnt shifting right i need help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Beginning Member
bmx4life218 is on a distinguished road
Default blazer got wet now isnt shifting right i need help please!!!

ok i got a 2000 blazer 4 wheel drive 4 door i went through a creek and got stuck the car died so i had to get pulled out in nutral but the ar was in 4 lo got it out and got it running but the tccm (transfer case control module) got wet so it was stuck in four lo so i went to the junk yard and got a tccm and got it out of four lo and when back in 2wd drove down the rode and it would only shift into first and second gear is there a transmission control modual that could of got wet or anyhting i could really use the help thanks

Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow was that a tough read... Please try some punctuation and grammar in your posts. If it is difficult for others to read through, they might not bother getting through it...

As far as only having 1st & 2nd, you could have somehow damaged the 2-3 shift solenoid in the transmission.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Beginning Member

sorry bout it will shift into third gear when i hit lik 60mph and the rpm are at 4500rpm but anwhere below that it wont shift into it where are the selonoids location

Old 07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

I would start by checking the fluid level and condition. I just picked up a Blazer that had been in a small accident in the past and got coolant into the transmission via the cooler lines. The water must have got to the clutches because they were burned up from slipping/de-laminating. Hopefully that isn't your case because that would mean you are slipping until the hydraulic line pressure is great enough to overcome the slip(needing to reach 60mph).

Something to check since you'll need to drop the pan to check solonoids as well.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Beginning Member

ok so the trans oil was very high on the dipstick. i took the pan off and the oil looked a little thin like water was in it. how do i kno if the selonoid is bad or not. and what else can i do

Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Beginning Member

would the ecu have any thing to do wth the transmission

Old 07-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

How deep was the water??? On the TRUCK i mean? I would put my bottom dollar u burried that truck so deep in water then tryed getting out and sucked in alot o water through the tvt(transmission vent tube) if thus is the case u may be lookin at a new solinoide body or even a trans getting it that deep in water is going to be a exspensive misstake

Old 08-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Beginning Member

the water wasnt that deep just the front end was in the water it ws on a hill n u could see under the back of it and the trans wasnt touching the water

Old 08-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

Yeah but how much fun were u having in the water befor it died??? You have a jazzed up solinoide body or even clutches and rings. Personally i would get that fluid out right away and change the s-body on the trans. These are the most simple things to start with vs. Removing the trans and looking inside

Old 08-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Beginning Member

ok so i drove it up to get the codes ran and it came up with cylinder 6 misfire and throttle position sensor so i went up to the junk yard and put a sensor in and the trans is shifting fine but the service engin light was on n the codes read the same thing any idea that could cause that?

Quick Reply: blazer got wet now isnt shifting right i need help please!!!