2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Whitt Chaney is on a distinguished road
Default blazer wont start

i have a 2001 2 door that will crank but not start what can i do already changed the fuel pump and filter and distributor cap and rotor button and plug wires please give me ideas'

Old 11-11-2018, 03:58 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to '2nd Gen Tech'*

To have the best chance at getting helpful replies, be sure to pick the correct forum section in which to post.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:21 AM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Check for 1” of strong blue spark at he plugs and verify proper fuel syste, pressures per the sticky.

George

Old 11-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Starting Member
IbrokeIT is on a distinguished road

I Had Same issue once before and changed coil pack and the CPS (Crank Position Sensor). Check down by the balancer left hand side. Be mindful how hard u pull or move the wires . they become oil soaked and sometimes brittle . if one is broke then u will need to replace the plugin and get a CPS as well. NOT saying thats the issue in your case but wouldnt hurt to check it out. Hope this helps GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 11-26-2018, 12:29 PM
Spencer Grow is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Whitt Chaney
i have a 2001 2 door that will crank but not start what can i do already changed the fuel pump and filter and distributor cap and rotor button and plug wires please give me ideas'
I'm going through a similar issue I'm getting spark and fuel but won't start.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

You have some fuel and some spark or you have proper fuel pressure and regulator function and proper spark levels and no start? Does it fire and skip or no evidence of any ignition at all?

George

Old 11-26-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
You have some fuel and some spark or you have proper fuel pressure and regulator function and proper spark levels and no start? Does it fire and skip or no evidence of any ignition at all?

George
well I retried to do the timing got my piston and the marks on the crank as close as possible and it tried to fire up . still not running. I'm getting proper fuel pressure and proper spark to each spark plug but still won't start up. I've been told to just put it on its marks and line it all up and the timing should be good I'm just really confused about the whole experience.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spencer Grow
well I retried to do the timing got my piston and the marks on the crank as close as possible and it tried to fire up . still not running. I'm getting proper fuel pressure and proper spark to each spark plug but still won't start up. I've been told to just put it on its marks and line it all up and the timing should be good I'm just really confused about the whole experience.
it did try to ignite once but it just seems like the timing is still off but we've set it top dead center so many times I don't understand why it keeps acting like it's off .distributor sits on the 6 when you slide it in. Lines on the crank line up with their marks. Idk whats wrong or if I'm doing something wrong. Everything is tight everything is new I'm getting down to possibly changing timing chain now and doing fuel pump but I spray starting fluid in and still no start not even a little but no ignite. I've never heard of a timing chain skipping a tooth but I'm losing my head over this and need some kind of direction. I've done the timing at least 20 times according to the book and YouTube videos its all I got to go off of.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:24 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Is your distributor 180° out? #1 TDC compression stroke only comes up EVERY OTHER crankshaft revolution on a 4-stroke engine. Stick your finger in the spark plug hole (not too far mind you, if you've got small fingers) and stop at the first set of marks after you begin to feel compression when tapping the engine forward a bit at a time with the starter. Then drop the distributor in with rotor pointing to the "6".

Old 11-27-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by LesMyer
Is your distributor 180° out? #1 TDC compression stroke only comes up EVERY OTHER crankshaft revolution on a 4-stroke engine. Stick your finger in the spark plug hole (not too far mind you, if you've got small fingers) and stop at the first set of marks after you begin to feel compression when tapping the engine forward a bit at a time with the starter. Then drop the distributor in with rotor pointing to the "6".
that's what I thought and i cranked it over till the marks lined up again and put the distributor on the six again and now nothing not even a sputter. I flipped it away from the six and nothing. Towards the six nothing new crank and camshaft sensor new distributor and gear and cap and rotor. Fuses are all good all relays are good fuel pump primes

Quick Reply: blazer wont start