2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blinker problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:54 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blinker problems

ORIGINAL: mrspeedy69

Yeah my blazer has never gotten close to the 210 mark except one time when it was almost 90 outside and it was idleling for over an hour. So could that be the thermostat sticking open? And about the blinkers, so that sounds like the blinker relay under the dash?
You have a stuck open t-stat, I had the exact same problem last spring. When I replaced the t-stat the heater got a lot hotter. Then just recently it started again not heating up, so I flushed the heater core for the second time and flushed out the Dexcool since my engine had over 100K it was time for new stuff and I switched to the older style "green" coolant to see if it would last longer without clogging the heater core, time will tell. Dexcool is great in a newer car that has not developed a cooling system problem, but when I read about all these issues with the product and the problems that are linked to it I just want a measure of safety so I just replaced it so that it would not cause me trouble in the short amount of time left with the vehicles mileage before a rebuild....

Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 AM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

DexCool has higher acid levels, this is what causes the clogging over time. It starts to turn into a SOLID. And when this happens the acid levels become like battery acid to your engine and cooling system. But GM will not recall it and many other MFG's are starting to use it due to it shortens the life of your engine and cooling system. I about cried when I saw the New 2007 Dodge Charger w/ a sweet 440 Hemi interceptor with that rotten DEXCOOL in it. Sad when they remake a classic and just trash it with junk like Dexcool. Even the Dealership owner said that his personal one he changed it out due to he did not want to trash themotor w/ that junk. That has to tell you something about Dexcool if a MFG's recomended fluid gets replaced by a 40+ yr mechanic and owner of a dealership.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: MNHawk

DexCool has higher acid levels, this is what causes the clogging over time. It starts to turn into a SOLID. And when this happens the acid levels become like battery acid to your engine and cooling system. But GM will not recall it and many other MFG's are starting to use it due to it shortens the life of your engine and cooling system. I about cried when I saw the New 2007 Dodge Charger w/ a sweet 440 Hemi interceptor with that rotten DEXCOOL in it. Sad when they remake a classic and just trash it with junk like Dexcool. Even the Dealership owner said that his personal one he changed it out due to he did not want to trash themotor w/ that junk. That has to tell you something about Dexcool if a MFG's recomended fluid gets replaced by a 40+ yr mechanic and owner of a dealership.
Simply FUD. Not true, any of it. This is not a dexcool thread. We already have one of them where all of the facts are laid out.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
mrspeedy69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys thanks for the help. I got the relay replaced and i got blinkers...lol. I'll have to check into that t-stat when i got more time. But thanks for the help.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 PM
tonyca123 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you have to remove the dash board to get to the blinker relays?

Old 01-11-2007, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

And your positive your radiaotr is full of the proper mixture anti-freeze and water?