2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Budget build!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Mnstregy54 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Budget build!

ok i need some help. im on a super tight budget. lowering kit and parts for more power....suggestions???

Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 AM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

info on truck, engine?

Old 08-26-2011, 07:54 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

I know im going to offend you so consider yourself warned.
If youre on a super tight budget, do nothing.
Put the money in the bank so when something breaks on the blazer you can afford to fix it. Cant tell you how many trucks i see all tricked out with 20's that run like crap.

Like I said, i know its not what you wanted to hear.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:29 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kristoph30
Put the money in the bank so when something breaks on the blazer you can afford to fix it. Cant tell you how many trucks i see all tricked out with 20's that run like crap.

x2
All you have to do is read up on here.... use 'new posts'. If you dont have enough set aside in your budget to buy an AC Delco fuel pump, you got no business installing 'Trick'.

Kristoph and I live in Ohio so we will only have half the fuel system problems people in some places will have*. but it's the fact of life. Blazers are high maintenance beauties... that's why you can get them cheap.

Still fun, still cheaper than a car payment and other than rust almost no depreciation to speak of ... but it's no Honda Civic.

Now that all the caveats and warnings are out of the way.. rest of you modder types help the guy out!

Last edited by pettyfog; 08-26-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:24 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kristoph30

Originally Posted by pettyfog
x2
All you have to do is read up on here.... use 'new posts'. If you dont have enough set aside in your budget to buy an AC Delco fuel pump, you got no business installing 'Trick'.

Kristoph and I live in Ohio so we will only have half the fuel system problems people in some places will have*. but it's the fact of life. Blazers are high maintenance beauties... that's why you can get them cheap.

Still fun, still cheaper than a car payment and other than rust almost no depreciation to speak of ... but it's no Honda Civic.

Now that all the caveats and warnings are out of the way.. rest of you modder types help the guy out!

I do agree i always make sure my trucks running 100 %

Old 08-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Mnstregy54 is on a distinguished road

what i meant to say was what are the best cheap parts to buy? thts what i meant by super tight budget

Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

if you want cheap then go autozone lifetime...will be cheap and when they brake you get a new one...if you dont count your labor then that is cheapest.

they have lowering blocks and then you can crank t-bar down...maybe drop an inch.
(i lifted so i might be of no help here) just going on common sense....if you lift more then 1.5" = trouble...so drop more then 1.5" = trouble??

as far as power....you would have to do a 350 swap...why build up an old engine that wasnt built for it in the first place?
get a 350...set it aside and rebuild as your budget allows...then drop her in when you are ready. save a little and spend a little...moderation is key in most things.

do the drop for your visual gratification then power as your budget allows.

thats my plan.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:41 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Cheap+modding=broken cheap crap. If you can't afford decent stuff, save until you can. You'll save yourself from having to redo stuff more than once.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

No such thing as a "budget build". Sounds like you've been watching Power Block too much.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

the only way i can see building anything like a budget build, is buy used parts, can be risky, but you might come across parts that werent used, or things that were used for 3,000 miles and then taken out for something bigger.

and junkyard parts

Quick Reply: Budget build!