2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

man, am i pissed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:11 AM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default man, am i pissed!!

when out to go somewhere this morning and the blazer will not start. I hear the fuel pump run and everything, all it does is crank and will not fire up. Its 9 degrees outside, negative with wind chill.so i do not feel like fooling with it today, *it* can sit.

any ideas?

*EDIT by swartlkk* - removed foul language.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: man, am i pissed!!

Possible that the injectors aren't firing properly due to the cold temps. Maybe take a drop light out and set it on top of the engine behind the throttle body and close the hood down as much as possible. Could also mean that you have some water in the fuel system.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say maybe the voltage of the dash board lights ya put in but dont wanna get ya anymore madder Doh.. This cranking problem lately seems to be common, I wish i knew why i have`nt seen any posts saying that anyone has found or fixed the problem.... My only problem ive exp with starting my xtreme is when ya turn the key the eng starts without almost even cranking.. very quik i may say.... Is there anyone who solved there no spark problems and hasnt posted the results?????? Isnt that what we`re here for to try and help...... I`m wondering if this should be a recall notice to chevy!!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:40 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: 2002XTREME

This cranking problem lately seems to be common, I wish i knew why i have`nt seen any posts saying that anyone has found or fixed the problem....
Well, it is winter and thatcan put a starting strain on motors.

My only problem ive exp with starting my xtreme is when ya turn the key the eng starts without almost even cranking.. very quik i may say....
And that's a problem?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:44 AM

i don't think the lights have one bit to do with it. I was driving it last night fine. The crank seems slower than usual. I didn't kill the battery

Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 AM

I hear ya i was joking about the lights, It just seems to me that there have been numerous posts on this kind of problem whether its HOT or COLD.. unless you live in Canada where it can be as low as 70Deg below zero... There has to be a reason why so many of these trucks are doing this... The last poster asked if the starting item i found in my truck was actually a problem??? Welp to add one more thing to that comment that i made earlier when it does start it makes a bang ( not a back fire) Like someone kicked the side of the truck ..

Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 AM

no backfire, and i knew you were joking with me. I have seen a bunch of posts on this, but no true answer yet either

Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: 2002XTREME
Welp to add one more thing to that comment that i made earlier when it does start it makes a bang ( not a back fire) Like someone kicked the side of the truck ..
When you go to start it, if you turn the key to 'on' for a second or two before you turn it to 'start', does the engine still make the noise?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:27 AM

i dunno what the deal is, i just went out and was gonna put a heating pad where swart told me to, just tried to start it, and it fired right up! I know its not the fuel pump though i could smell the extragas that it was burning off from where it didn't start before

beats me. But its out running now im gonna let it warm up for awhile

Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 PM

kool on the cold start... Good luk with it.. Hopefully it didnt foul out your plugs too bad ...maybe with it running it`ll burn out whats there.. I just put Marvel mystery oil in my tank and a bottle of heet... its bitter cold here by me in the teens...