2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2001 wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Beginning Member
89LX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2001 wiring problems

So I'm having a little issue with electrical on my 2001 blazer trailblazer. Everything was fine until Thursday when my radio stopped working. It still had power going to it, fuses were all fine, I could control stations but it has no volume, even though turning the volume **** did recognize I was turning it. It is a factory delco radio, 6 speaker system, onstar, with no bose system. When I pressed the onstar button, it activated by still no audio.

I took the stock radio out, and put it another stock radio, and still nothing. Doing the same thing with no volume but I can control stuff. I then put my stocker back in, and with the antenna unplugged, it worked, loud static and volume control. I turned the ignition back, plugged the antenna in, and then boom, nothing again. Then the fuse for the RDO/IGN for keyed power blows, and I lose power to the radio, and my overhead console for the trip calculator/gas milage/temp/direction/etc is dead now too. I replaced the fuse, and it pops right away again, so I know its something grounding out, but I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the 2001's with onstar. Everything is 2002+, and normal blazer wiring diagrams.

Another wiring issue I am having is my power seats don't work, no movement and lumbar, but the heater seat portion doesnt work also. At the same time that happened, the remote stopped working for the keyless entry, along with the two saved settings for seat positions from the keys stopped working. I dunno if the RKE system would cause that, or if something else is causing it. I know there is a main wireing harness that goes under the driver seat that tends to corrode out the power wire, but does anyone know if that failing will cause the said above problem, or if it controls power to the custom seat setting position buttons that would make the RKE system not work also?

Thanks to whoever can help in advance also.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your radio problem sounds like you are somehow getting voltage on your antenna cord.

As far as the seat problems go, check the wiring under the seat & carpet for damage. I am not sure off the top of my head whether that wiring has to do with the RKE system.