2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Maxboost25psi is on a distinguished road
Default Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?

I have a small battery drain on my daughters 96 Blazer, so I want to start testing with a meter. In order for me to pull fuses and check ou the meter, I need to defeat the interior lamps coming on and pulling load (drivers side door will need to remain open during testing).

Where the heck is the door button (courtesy lamp button) at by chance? I see them clear as day on the other three doors, but can not find one anywhere on the drivers door jamb.

Is there one?

Old 02-03-2013, 07:25 PM
spittybays

Trying to remember, think it looks like a little square plastic rod coming out near the fuse panel, will take a look in the morn.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Driver's door switch is in the dash, about the same as on the passenger's side front door.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

Check the vanity mirrors in the visors, a busted hinge will leave the lite on.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.....

I will check the forum and see whats the scoop on posting pics since Im a newbie....

I looked again and there isnt a plastic plunger, but there is a place where one should be with a rubber filler cap in there.....if there is no plunger, how in the heck does the Blazer know the door is open...

Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM

Well..had to go run and look again....jumped in the Blazer and had wife turn off all the outside lights. Its dark in there...however..I peeked up and saw a faint glow from driverside vanity mirror...I lowered it down and ah-ha! Little bastard was on. I put it in the full upright position against the headliner and I think its off now. Many thanks for the FYI on that one 10-78 edac!

Here is another quick question..kinda sorta related.

Of course when you get a new vehicle, you out there scrubbing it down with armoral, give it a vaccum and wipe down etc..you know taking pride in your ride. We noticed that if we had the doors open more than a 10 minutes the battery would be dead..this was the main reason for me wanting to test with the meter...

Any of you folks had similar instances?

Old 02-04-2013, 03:52 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I would guess your battery is getting a little week + these things light up like an airport when you open the doors
I have the dome overide in "lights off" position most of the time

Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, Aren't the doors on a timer so the light goes off after a certain amount of mins. Like the hood light, When I lift the hood the light will stay on for about 15 mins then go off. I have left all my doors open when cleaning and never had a problem when starting it up.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Well I took a couple pictures...trying to upload them but having a heck of a time

Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM

Ok..here is the drivers side dash / door jamb area...I take where that black rubber foam looking deal is where the push plunger should be correct?

If there is no push plunger, how in the heck does the door know its been opened?

Attached Thumbnails Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?-fusepanel.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cant seem to find it..does it even exist?