2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Check

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member
irishdude is on a distinguished road
Default Check

I had the Blazer scanned and the code said the 4lo switch is the problem. Is there any way to check to see if it is the problem. I got another one from the wreckers and it still did the same thing. I have a 4 button (NP8) Or any other solutions? Thanks

Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

And the code number was...? Or, look for the walk-through in Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).

Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Beginning Member

He never gave me the code.

Is it possible that the switch from the wreckers is no good? Or is it possible there is a wire crossed when he replaced the connecter to the TCCM. He says the wiring is right.

Last edited by rriddle3; 02-20-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 02-20-2010, 03:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sorry Danny, i never even thought to give you the codes when i scaned it today.

i retrieved;

-P1845: 2-3 shift solenoid circuit low input,

-P1875: 4WD LOW switch circuit electrical.

i also retrieved a P0138 from your truck as well.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Beginning Member

Ok thanks Now what should I do. I wish I had another switch to try and see if it fixes it or is there another problem. Just hope the mechanic never crossed a wire.

you think I should get a switch or just have somebody look it over?

Last edited by rriddle3; 02-21-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

it should also be noted that he (irishdude) also had the TCCM rebuilt. the shop that did the rebuild also benched tested it before returning it.

just giving you guys more of the info that he relayed to me on Saturday while i was @ his house.

you should also look for Kyle's thread on how to diagnose the 4 button switch.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member

I have been looking for his thread but so far only found info on the 3 button switch. I will keep looking though. Thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search for "NV236+resistance" with the author of "swartlkk".

Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Beginning Member

Just wanted to thank everybody for there help with my problem. I ended up taking it to an Auto Electric place and they found a bad wire and redid it so now everything works great.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it fixed!

Just out of curiosity and to help anyone that may experience the same thing in the future, could you be more specific about the repair? Which wire was at fault?

Quick Reply: Check