2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Clicking Behind Glove Box

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
MT123 is on a distinguished road
Default Clicking Behind Glove Box

thanks for you thoughts on the noisy flasher issue all, but my '98 is getting worse and worse after being replaced. The crazy clicking and buzzing seems to be affected by adding or dropping other loads like braking. One shop told me to replace a faulty signal stalk to cure it. Kind of pricey compared to a flasher!

Anyone know about this?

mrt

Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

yeah most likely is the signal staulk (for your turn signals) they aren't that bad to replace. there was another thread on here. mine does the same thing. try slowly moving your staulk up and down and see if it changes. i read something somewhere where the the grease in there makes contact with the contacts and causes the noise of the turn signal to complete a circuit. i read it somewhere not saying its true. but i do know there was another thread discussing this same topic. also does the sound go away when you step on the brakes?

*really should post your question in a new thread, this was suppose to be closed awhile ago, what up kyle?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would check out replacing the hazard switch and see if that cures your problem. For $15-20, it is worth a try. Check out the Tech Article (DIY) section for further information.

*Moved to a new thread*

And Spectre, best you leave the moderating to the staff of the forum. You do not need to comment on things, we'll get to it when we get to it. And if you must know, threads that were locked prior to the upgrade to vBulletin were no longer locked after the upgrade. Part of the transition. That is just how it is and no further comments should be made to that effect. Reply to the OPs questions and leave the rest to the staff.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Okay, Imma piggy back here. My mom has a 2001 Bravada, and when I started it, the flasher (I assume) clicked about 8 times, then stops. It didn't seem to effect any of the signal controls, or any lights. Why would it do this at start up? I know it shouldn't, but I didn't notice any other issues.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could be the same thing. It doesn't always have to affect the turn/brake lights. It starts off as just enough to make the flasher click.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, Kyle. I'll have to let them know.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 PM
CodyN is on a distinguished road

My 98 Blazer does the same damn thing dont know what to do

Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by CodyN
Did you read what was suggested in this thread??

Old 03-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CodyN

Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
OH MY GOD!!! Isn't that ironic!! LMAO Good one!

Quick Reply: Clicking Behind Glove Box