2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Clicking new tccm.. good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 10:18 PM
BravadaJunk is on a distinguished road
Default Clicking new tccm.. good or bad?

I put a refab tccm into my 1998 Bravada. It clicks on startup.. about 3 times. The old one does not. I have no reference to know if this is an indicator of a bad TCCM or a TCCM that won't work with my system

My AWD still don't work. I'm about 95% giving up on it. I have a horrible feeling it's in the wiring behind the dash somewhere. I have another post on what all I've done.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Can you post the link to the other thread?

As for the clicking, in my Blazer, it will only click once or twice I think for each new setting.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:20 PM

https://blazerforum.com/forum/steeri...anymore-97932/

Like I said, I have no reference. Since the Blazer has pushbuttons and multiple settings, I wonder if your TCCM goes through a different series of tests? Remember the Bravada is a no select AWD one speed transfer case.

The TCCM I bought is AC delco 19326776

Old 11-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road

Is there a service light associated with the system like the Astro's have ?, If so can you read the code?.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Strangerock
Is there a service light associated with the system like the Astro's have ?, If so can you read the code?.
That light don't come on ever, but I know it functions.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:30 PM

So it does come on briefly when you first start the vehicle ? and then go out after the clicking ? usually it only goes out if a problem is not detected.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:17 PM

So it does come on briefly when you first start the vehicle ? and then go out after the clicking ? usually it only goes out if a problem is not detected.

No it never comes on in any situation. From my previous link, I mentioned I know the LED light works because the previous computer that I was looking at and examining for corrosion, ended up with some water from somewhere (heavy rains) and that seemed to activate the light off and on for a couple days till I replaced the computer. The light had nothing to do with actual functioning of the AWD. The water was making some sort of contact.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:31 PM

The manual describes it as the same case as the astro and i dont think the light is working correctly. If you have access to a Tech II scanner that would help solve things. Ill do some looking to see if I can help more.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:03 PM

The manual describes it as the same case as the astro and i dont think the light is working correctly. If you have access to a Tech II scanner that would help solve things. Ill do some looking to see if I can help more.
No tech II and the Astro guys kicked me off their board because I don't own an Astro, even though our drivetrain is very similar. Very weird people. I have no love for Astro owners now.

I'm seriously contemplating just finding the newest Blazer..2005? and getting one of those. I like the 4 button 4x4, and I'm pretty familiar with the mechanics of that chassis now with all the stuff I've replaced on this Bravada.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:38 PM

Was this system working before the old TCCM got wet ? , what makes you think its dash wiring (just curious), my astro had a broken wire from a rock strike or road debris , it was in the bundle under the drivers door following the frame , I don't think i would have found it without the code that I could read and the test procedure associated with it.

Quick Reply: Clicking new tccm.. good or bad?