2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

CMP Sensor Relearn- Unable to find Required Sensor Support?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 PM
joey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CMP Sensor Relearn- Unable to find Required Sensor Support?

Greetings All,

After some misfire codes and a seriously worn cam gear, I replaced the distributor and set the cmp retard to 0 degrees (thanks swartlkk). Engine runs great, however when I try to initiate the cmp relearn procedure, I get and error from Autoenginuity that states: "Unable to find Required Sensor Support- Engine Speed" (see first pic).

Getting no codes, but I'm relatively new to the software. Is there something I need to check off in the program in order to get this to work? I can read engine RPM in the live data meter.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks
Joe

98 Blazer LT 4x4
4.3 Vortec Auto

Attached Thumbnails CMP Sensor Relearn- Unable to find Required Sensor Support?-test1.jpg   CMP Sensor Relearn- Unable to find Required Sensor Support?-test2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Call AE support and see if they can tell you whether a CASE Relearn is supported on your truck. If not, ask when/if it will be supported.

If you don't have any codes, then you likely do not have to do a CASE relearn.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 PM

Thanks Again for the insight swartlkk. I looked again at the data monitor options and the crank position sensor (ckp) doesn't even register- which would be the missing piece of the puzzle. This procedure most likely isn't supported on this vintage and setting the cmp retard to 0 degrees is sufficient (well +1 degree which is good enough). I'll call AE and confirm. I'll also ask what years the CASE relearn applies so this can be cleared up with other board members.

Thanks,
Joe

98 Blazer LT 4x4
4.3 Vortec Auto

Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to see the CKP sensor. But if you can't, that would explain why the CASE relearn wouldn't initiate.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:33 PM

Fixed! I called AE support and apparently my version of software (9.5.1) had a glitch and would not run the test. Upgraded to version 10.2.0 and the test ran successfully on the first try.