2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

correct jumping method

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default correct jumping method

Okay, not sure why the brain lock, but the proper method for jumping the ac comp. for ts. is fused wire across the l.p. sw., or fused wire from bat. 12v.+ to green wire on l.p.sw. conn. and another from ground to other side of connector? I tried puting fused jumper to l.p. sw. but blew fuse. BLAM!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Starting Member
Default RE: correct jumping method

well i feel better knowing that there are at least 9 people that are like me and don't know the answer to my question as far as the proper way to apply 12v. to the circuit I am asking about... This sure has been a testy labor day...

Old 09-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Was it really necessary to post this rediculous reply to your original post a mere 6 hours later?? Come on. Such impatience even considering that you posted at 2:29AM EST. And it is quite possible that those 9 people that looked knew that this very information was posted before... Search works wonders man. Help yourself!

NO, you DO NOT apply 12V to the low pressure switch wiring. Only apply fused +12V and ground to the clutch connector itself if you are jumping it there. If you are jumping the low pressure switch, then a wire will suffice.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Starting Member

No, i suppose not. I do apologize to the board for my remark. It has been a very bad weekend and in general just lately altogether. No exccuse though.
Plus the fact that I have been hassling with this damn truck's ac and horn for not weeks but months. On top of all that, I kept getting shot at but missed and finally sxxt at and hit.
I'm sure if I would have just stopped and thought it through, I could have figured that I should not apply 12v. to an already charged circuit, just closing it would suffice. However, Ifif do need to jumper the low pressure switch, how long can it be left jumped?
Again, an apology to the group

Old 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For testing purposes, you can leave the low pressure switch jumped until you are finished determining what the problem is. It should only need to be jumped long enough to ensure that the appropriate charge is in the system or charge it to the appropriate pressure.