2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Deer Strike

Old 01-11-2019, 08:13 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road
Default Deer Strike

Quick question, has anyone out there at the Forum ever hit a deer in a Blazer, Jimmy, ect... I have hit only 1 deer in my life so far but I was driving a Tractor Trailer and the damage too the truck would be considered minor compared too a Blazer or something around the same size... Where I live the deer population seems too have at least doubled if not tripled! What even makes things worse is they seem too have no fear of vehicles lol! Like they kinda stand there and stare at you and probably would flip you off if they had a middle finger!

Old 01-11-2019, 10:17 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

83 first gen - it took out the grill and riders side headlight, found all the parts to the grill and hot glued it back together it, turned out well enough that no one could tell, was that way for a few years until I scraped it out

Old 01-12-2019, 04:05 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Deer get shocked when they find themselves in your headlights. It's kind of attracting their stare and at the same time it blinds them.

Came around a corner once along a forest. Forest on one, pasture on the other side of the road. The eyes of the deer shone up in my headlights.
Hit the brakes switched off the lights and hit the horn. It jumped to the side. Just in time only hit it slightly sideways with the outer end of the front bumper.
His horn hit my fender on top and made a small dent. Then it simply ran away.
If not for braking and cutting the lights I would have hit it straight into the front, probably killing my grille.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Check this one out:
I'd say it's a lottery. Even a bullet proof glass may not save You

Old 01-12-2019, 06:26 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by error_401
Deer get shocked when they find themselves in your headlights. It's kind of attracting their stare and at the same time it blinds them.

Came around a corner once along a forest. Forest on one, pasture on the other side of the road. The eyes of the deer shone up in my headlights.
Hit the brakes switched off the lights and hit the horn. It jumped to the side. Just in time only hit it slightly sideways with the outer end of the front bumper.
His horn hit my fender on top and made a small dent. Then it simply ran away.
If not for braking and cutting the lights I would have hit it straight into the front, probably killing my grille.
I have heard that before, the lights kinda put them in a trance and they freeze... Wonder why it seems too only effect deer though? Other animals will high tail it out of there from my experience... I might stop and ask the next deer I see but there would be a huge possibility of getting the middle "hoof" and then getting my butt kicked lol!