2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Do you want a better 2cn gen blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Talking Do you want a better 2cn gen blazer?

The computer age was the worst thing that ever could of happened to make a car undependable.All this so call high tech bells and whistle has made these cars pieces of crap.Electronic crap fails,Cumputerrised crap fails.

So heres the salution.

1st Rip out all the computerised bs you can find.
2nd Take out pcm and all the wiring that goes with it
Take and remove both engine and trans.

Get you an old school 350 build it
Get a noncomputer 4L60 build it with a shift kit.
Rewire everything up to your new engine.
Dont forget to put in a larger radiator.
Put in an HEI distributor and carb the engine.

After that you will have the most dependable Jimmy or Blazer there is without all the trouble of the 2cnd gen BUll SH#T
Everything will mostly mechanical and much more dependable.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:13 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

My first car was a 69 mustang fastback I could sit on the fender with my feet inside and work on it

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/89..._Side_View.jpg

Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Nobody would buy it,so they wouldnt spend millions making it. I totally agree with you and id love to get rid of this crap too. Problem is most people these days are too lazy to pick up a book and read about vehicles and they hear "carb" and see that it doesnt have the pretty noises and sexy electronics and would then rather spend the money on another "nice and pretty" vehicle. Besides the cost of buying one you might as well build one yourself and save money.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

i dunno, my blazer has been pretty dependable. my engine has had an alternator, AC compressor and a couple gaskets. The trans and TC haven't needed a part yet. ive had it for 14 years. still running the original fuel pump, all sensors.

The only parts that i had issues with were the factory steering, front suspension and diffs wearing out. one of the u-joints had never been replaced before my SAS.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

uhh... and how would you tell how fast you were going?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by coolasice
uhh... and how would you tell how fast you were going?
i did an autometer custom gauge cluster on my old s10.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh! The dreams of the old days come to light! While all those swaps you propose make great sense,just remember that your now altered vehicle must pass a mandatory inspection to ensure emission compliance. While one can lean out a carbmotor to pass a tailpipe test,in my state the regulation reads:Any vehicle 20 years old and under must pass a thorough inspection and vehicles 1996 or newer must pass an OBD II test! If you bypass the computer control systems-this unit will fail! The only way to get the vehicle registered...is to wait until it reaches 20 years of age! But legislation is already mandating no overides of this law! Therefore the vehicle may not be registerable after such upgrades unless it meets the YOM standards! Be careful! Check your state statutes FIRST!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM

they're getting like that around here in the bigger cities too. engine must be the same year or newer, and found in the same line of trucks(luckily Blazers are classed as a Chevrolet truck here) and must have all the emissions working that came with the engine. ie you can put a 2006 6.0l LQ9 in to a 2005 Blazer, but you need ALL the emissions control that it came with.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

im glad i live in farm country we dont have any emission testing here and there will nvr be any in my town as its only a few hundred people and most of them are farmers...drive up the road a lil ways and u must have emissions and pass a tail pipe and obd test depending on year

Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Well Im strickly old school

I cant stand computerised bs as you can probaly tell LOL

Im glad we dont have emmisions or safety inspections here either cause there would be a crap load of cars and trucks that wont pass.I meen there are cars so badly rusted or banged up they are held together with rope and bungy cords and thats no Joke.
With all the problems I have had with my Jimmy I wish I would have taken my own advice from this thread.I mean you can carb a 4.3 also if you dont want to do the V8 swap.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 11-27-2012 at 05:40 AM.