Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Dome Light & Buzzer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/dome-light-buzzer-11835/)

HillbillyDeluxe 07-16-2007 02:39 AM

Dome Light & Buzzer

Ok, I have no clue why, but now after I replaced a bad turn signal bulb on my passanger side front corner, my dome light and high pitched buzzer/dinger won't shut off!! AT ALL not with the key on, key off, blazer running...nothing, it quits when I shut it off and pull the key, but then the dome is still on. I need to take it to work tomorrow afternoon and need some help fast.

Battery is unhooked right now, hoping to reset itself somewhere.
Doors and Hatch are shut still on
Vehicle is Running, still on
Vehicle is off, key in, still on
Vehicle is off, key out, light on, buzzer off

What do I do, I even tried putting the old light back on and it still doesn't

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

swartlkk 07-16-2007 07:09 AM

RE: Dome Light & Buzzer

Mostlikely you have a faulty door switch.

EuroGoldLS 07-16-2007 09:05 AM

Sounds like a switch to me too...

HillbillyDeluxe 07-16-2007 10:49 AM

You know what...they need a "I'm a retard" thread!!!

i tore apart all 4 panels to my doors to try and find where the fault is at for my dome light and buzzer, but got nothing out of it, so i figured screw it, ill take out the dome light and unhook the buzzer and not worry about it until i can get into the city to have GM look at it for me...couldn't find the buzzer so i got back on this forum to see if there was anything that explained where it was, as i was reading, i came across a thread that mentioned the door switch on the driver side have the little finger next to the fuse box...didn't think that i had one there, i thought that all my switches were internal by the door latch itself, went out there and found that i had one like that, pushed it and oh....everything shut off/up, no more freakin buzzer and no dome light...

for the retard part...

last night when i posted this, i had my interior panel on the driver side off to replace my mirror. i hadn't gotten everything done that i wanted to do, so i left the panel off, well...THAT PANEL NEEDS TO BE ON TO PUSH THAT FINGER BACK INSIDE THE FREAKIN DASH.............OMG AM I DUMB OR WHAT!! NOW I HAVE A 4 DOOR COMPLETELY STRIPPED DOWN TO THE DOOR FRAMES THAT I HAVE TO PUT BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE I WAS A RETARD!!!

hope everyone can go about their days with a laugh out of this one, I'll take this one for the team I guess..........didn't even want to post this, because of sheer embarassment but hey, if i messed it up, im sure someone down the road 2 years from now will come across this post and hopefully it will help them out too!

"We all make mistakes to learn from them in the future, some are just really dumb mistakes"

THANK YOU FOR THIS WEBSITE AND ALL THE POSTS, YA'LL HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!

P.S. IT'S M O N D A Y ! !

swartlkk 07-16-2007 10:54 AM

I'm glad you got it figured out. I didn't mean to be short with my answer, but I hoped that the information would possibly narrow down the search for you as the topic of door switches has been discussed before.

One thing that would have helped get a bit more information up front would have been your vehicle information. At this point, we only know that you have a '95-current blazer... A lot of things are different in this respect between the beginning of this style blazer and the end. If you wouldn't mind, put your vehicle information in your signature so it'll be there everytime you make a post.

EuroGoldLS 07-16-2007 02:01 PM

I find this rather amusing!!! LOL. Don't feel bad. I did it too, only I realized my error before I started tearing down.