2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Door Lock Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
gocartone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Door Lock Question

Do Blazers have auto locks when driving? Like in most new cars when you go over like 15mph it locks the doors? Mine doesn't and was wondering if thats how they are or if somethings wrong. I tried searching for this but couldn't really find anything. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Door Lock Question

mine automatically locks when i put it into gear. I dont know if it is a special feature though.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This feature is modifiable via Tech2 (dealer). You can either have lock out of park or rolling lock. Both features unlock in park. In my Rainier (GMT360 platform), this is all modifiable with the steering wheel controls.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:42 PM

The doors never lock on mine though not rolling or shifting out of park. So that would mean something is wrong with them right?

Old 10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Or they've been programmed not to lock... Or someone cut a wire somewhere... I know on my old Lumina, it would lock when you put it into gear, but would never unlock... So I cut one wire on the chime module, and the door stopped locking...

Old 10-23-2007, 05:48 PM

Oh ok well then are there fuses to check for this? I just wanted to see if it was something that should be there that isn't but now it's a maybe with what you say so I have no idea haha.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

well I have a 2000 LT...and my doors do not automaticaly lock...aren't supposed to...I don't know if that helps you out at all

Old 10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I needed to clarify my original post here... For any '98+ this feature can be activated if you so choose. You have three options, inactive, lock out of park, and rolling lock (locks at ~15mph).

Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM

Oh ok thanks, would I be able to change that with a scan tool? We have one at school I could use because I wouldn't want to bring it to a dealer for something like this.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure. I know it is an option with a Tech2, but not sure what some of the other scan tools are capable of.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Question