2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Doors locking by themselves

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:46 AM
FreeBird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doors locking by themselves

Doors are auto locking with or without key and with or without the Truck running (there is an odd singlebeep about every 30 sec. or soeven with no key in the IGN and truck off) Only way to stop this is to disconnect the battery. Thankfully I had a spare key when I first found it was doing this. Or the truck would still be running with me locked out.

Any help/suggestions? I do remember from the orginalthread it was stated a vacumme leak for the high idel, but now I have been able to runit some and find when it starts (once itgets to about 100 to 145 on the temp gauge)and stops (when its cold and I do mean dead cold. Not been run for at leasta fewhrs).

Old 02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: High Idel and more

ORIGINAL: FreeBird

Doors are auto locking with or without key and with or without the Truck running (there is an odd singlebeep about every 30 sec. or soeven with no key in the IGN and truck off) Only way to stop this is to disconnect the battery. Thankfully I had a spare key when I first found it was doing this. Or the truck would still be running with me locked out.
Do you happen to have an aftermarket security system installed in the truck?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:19 PM

There was one when I got the Truck, but I have removed this and patched any butchered wires. As it was already disconnected from the battery already.

And the beep is from the factory chime box

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Things were obviously screwed up from the alarm... Without any idea of what was cut, spliced, or otherwise "butchered", hope of an easy repair is very minimal. Almost sounds like the RKE module is grounding out somewhere.

On the high idle, you should stick to the original thread with this problem. These two problems have seemingly nothing to do with each other.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Agreed, but the wires I have repaired them all already. No bare wires, and no extra wires. I have checked it with the wire diagram already. Any wire that needed repair, I did not use any cheap short cuts and they are all covered with heat shrink insulation. This is why it has me confussed. As everything is as it should had been from factory now.

Would a battery with a bad cell maybe cause this to get stuck in a loop patern? As I know I need to replace the battery due to it meters out at only 9.8volts instead of the 13.6 it should, even after being on the battery charger. But I did not think the computers in this would be that picky.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:48 PM

UPDATE

Well now that I have a fully charged battery in there, the doors wont lock by themselves any more. So it was due to a low battery causing the factory (FOB) system to reset itself. The prior owner never had a FOB but I found that this option is there. Also factory alarm system from what I can tell.
The P.O.S. cheapy they had was an under hood unit only that went off of battery drain with a motion sensor inside the Alarm system. So nothing was added into the truck wires outside of pos and neg connection under the hood.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:54 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

poss bad throttle positioning sensor??? Dont quote me on it, its just my 2 cent guess..

Old 02-21-2008, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 2002XTREME

poss bad throttle positioning sensor??? Dont quote me on it, its just my 2 cent guess..
Took the mods advice and removed the idel issue back to the orginal thread and removed it from here. And the TPS has been replaced already. Thanks for the 2 cents though, anythoughts help with it.