2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Drivers power seat 2000 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Flob1954 is on a distinguished road
Default Drivers power seat 2000 Blazer

I have a 2000 S-10 blazer and the driver's seat stopped working...checked for 12volts at harness connector under seat power is good but no power at switch..what color wire should power be on after connector? Forward/reverse and back up/down not working

Old 06-06-2010, 05:04 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

The orange wire in the connector going to the switch should have power at all times. That receives power from a breaker in the body relay block (not fuse). Each switch is two-part, it has to supply 12v+ and ground and reverse it just like your power windows go up and down. From "back up/down" I'll assume you have the 8-way power seat. Coming out of the switch: lateral motor (back/forth) Tan & Lt. Green, front height motor Dk Green & Dk Blue, rear height motor Yellow & Lt Blue, recliner motor Lt Green & Lt Blue and that motor has a separate 2-wire connector coming from the switch.

Last edited by RonJon; 06-06-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by RonJon
The orange wire in the connector going to the switch should have power at all times. That receives power from a breaker in the body relay block (not fuse). Each switch is two-part, it has to supply 12v+ and ground and reverse it just like your power windows go up and down. From "back up/down" I'll assume you have the 8-way power seat. Coming out of the switch: lateral motor (back/forth) Tan & Lt. Green, front height motor Dk Green & Dk Blue, rear height motor Yellow & Lt Blue, recliner motor Lt Green & Lt Blue and that motor has a separate 2-wire connector coming from the switch.

Ronjon,
Thanks for reply...yes it is 8 way seat. I have only one orange wire at connector with power in and out of connector how many should have power? No power at orange wire at switch. There is more than one orange wire.. By the way this seat also has lumbar.

Thanks so much for your help
Bill

Old 06-07-2010, 02:49 PM

There's two oranges, one to main switch, one powers lumbar switch. Both come from same source. Under drivers side of dash remove the black plastic cover, look up towards the back of the fuseblock and you'll see a black box with a harness on the metal support (body relay block). Remove the cover and looking with the mounting ears up bottom row - far right is a circuit breaker. Remove it and the two connectors it was plugged into, one has 12v+, other should have continuity to the oranges powering the seat. If it checks out replace the breaker.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by RonJon
There's two oranges, one to main switch, one powers lumbar switch. Both come from same source. Under drivers side of dash remove the black plastic cover, look up towards the back of the fuseblock and you'll see a black box with a harness on the metal support (body relay block). Remove the cover and looking with the mounting ears up bottom row - far right is a circuit breaker. Remove it and the two connectors it was plugged into, one has 12v+, other should have continuity to the oranges powering the seat. If it checks out replace the breaker.
Sorry but do not see block...and lumbar switch has power.

Bill

Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Block faces steering wheel right near the front of the dash, it's above your OBDII connector. About 2x3inches? Lumbar has power? I should have asked, do you have the memory seats? If so (it's different) lumbar is getting power on the brown wire from HTD SEAT fuse.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:08 AM

No memory on lumbar....power wire going to lumbar switch is orange.

Ron Jon thanks so much for the help,,,I owe you for hanging in there with me.

Bill

p.s. how many wires should be in harness connector?

Also tried to get last torx head bolt out and not having much luck...its in there good

Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Look for that body relay block and check it, you need power. Maybe you need to pull the (knee bolster) cover that goes around under your steering column? I haven't had to play with mine yet, I just know it exists. The main seat switch connector is flat and has 8 wires ORN (12v+), YEL, LT BLUE (that pair is rear seat motor up/down), LT GRN, TAN (that pair moves seat back/forth), DRK GRN, LT GRN (that pair moves front of seat up/down), BLK (ground). There's also a 2-wire connector to main switch LT GRN & LT BLU (recline).
I'm making you work too hard, that stuff is under the seat. The connector to the seat: 6-pin connector, BROWN (12v+ fused ignition), black (ground) ORN (batt), ORN/BLK (batt), BLK/WHT (seat belt sensor), BRN/WHT (serial data - used if you had memory seat)

Attached Thumbnails Drivers power seat 2000 Blazer-cabling.jpeg  

Last edited by RonJon; 06-09-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:17 PM

The main seat connector has power on the pins coming out of switch except of course for the ground...but when I plug it back together it still is not working...

Thanks
Bill

Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 PM

In that case I hope you can 'rassle that last torx bolt out. If you have power on the oranges, and you did check the ground relative to them right? Then that seat is coming out to replace the main switch assembly or find a wiring problem.

Quick Reply: Drivers power seat 2000 Blazer